This is a reposting for unregistered users to find out more about the forum.
For registered users there is a seperate site admin forum that will be visible once you are regsitered.
Hi! Welcome to the new Lost In Translation Forum!
Here are some guidelines as well as information about the configuration
of the board.
1) The only basic guideline (aside from the registration terms) is Have Fun.
2) To conserve bandwidth and disk space, private messages in the boxes
are limited to 50.
3) You can use remote linked avatars or one from the gallery.
Gallery avatar size is up to 100x100. Remote avatar size is limited to
140x140 and is resized while keeping the aspect ratio
if the dimensions are larger but only if the file is less than 50k.
Uploading of avatars is allowed but may not work properly.
5) As of 7/30/05 no more guest privs. Registered users keep forgetting to login when they post something and spam posts have cropped up.
6) There is broad latitude for discussions just please feel free to disagree
without being disagreeable.
7) The post number counter has been removed to discourage "spam"
posts to increase the post count. Ranks are silly titles created just for
fun. Once your rank becomes Charlie Brown, if you want a custom
rank then just request it via email.
Current Ranks: (as of June 3, 2007)
Lost In Jet Lag
Sleepless in Tokyo
Lost In Tokyo
Alone in Kyoto
Park Hyatt Regular
LIT Super Fan
Default time for the forum is GMT. You can modify this setting in your
profile for your time zone!
9) There are currently 3 different forum templates for you to choose from. The default is subSilver. I would not advise using any other
templates since as the forum has upgraded in releases, the other templates have gotten out of date. So if you use another template
and find problems, go back to subsilver.
10) If you forget your password, try using the board to send you your password or a new one. If that doesn't work email me for help in
getting you a new password. Please do not register a new username.
11) The board profile options should allow you to change your username
if you want to do so. If you cannot then email me and I can change it.
12) Registered users gain access to 2 other hidden forums.
And last but not least, I believe in continuity for like minded members of a
community that wants to share to love of this (and similer) films and am
commited to the ongoing existence of the site and forum. Things change
and people come and go, that's life. But it is my intention for this site to
remain here indefinitely.
13) Addendum 2/25/2007 - Due to recent user issues, it is necessary to incorporate a new policy with regards to deletion of user posts.
You may reasonably edit and delete your posts within the normal and reasonable amounts one would expect when participating in an open forum.
However, once published, the content of the posts belong to this site and the forum and as such mass deletion of one's own posts will not be tolerated.
Such behavior is considered sabatage and damage to the artistic and literate content and value of the forum and is thus expressly forbidden.
Abusers and sabateurs will be banned at Admin discretion and their post content restored at admin discretion.
If you do not agree to this policy then please do not participate in the forum.
Use all reasonable care to protect your identity if you do not want people to know who you are.
You are participating in a forum on whose topic the fellow members are very passionate and enthusiastic about. Please respect the membership and community of this forum in this regards.
Information about this site for unregistered users.
1 post • Page 1 of 1
Who is online
Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest