Supporting the site and the Weareawake.org / LIT Store

Discuss the fabulous movie Lost In Translation!

Moderator: Bob

Bob_san
Site Admin

Supporting the site and the Weareawake.org / LIT Store

#1 Post by Bob_san » Mon Nov 12, 2012 9:13 pm

Many people have asked me for years how they could help support the site. A couple years ago I added an Amazon affiliate "store" here:

http://www.weareawake.org/litstore.htm

Let me just explain a few things about this. You need to allow this site for any ad blocking extensions etc in your browser in order to see it.

I initially (added the link to the front page) did not post about it here because I wanted to develop it more but also because it does not allow people outside of North America to use it for reasons like shipping etc and I wanted to look into other options. However I think with downloadable digital goods, that may not be an issue if people outside the US do not mind buying in US dollars.

Amazon has strict rules about how a site gets credit. The site will get credit for your click through if you 1) buy products within 24 hours, 2) put items you are interested in into your cart within 24 hours and purchase them within 89 days.

If the product you want is not listed on the page, you can use the search box on the site store page to look for something you are interested in. If you do not buy anything or put anything into your cart in 24 hours, you can always come back and click through / search again! :)

People outside of the US may be able to purchase downloadable digital items in US dollars like:
Amazon MP3 Products
Amazon Instant Video
Game Downloads Products
eBooks etc.
I would be interested to know if this works for people outside the US.

I am going to be revising the store for the holidays. Let me know if you have any questions.

Thank you for your support of the site!

Bob_san

jeffyen
Lounge Singer

#2 Post by jeffyen » Sun Nov 18, 2012 10:16 pm

Let me just clarify that Bob will get commissions even if we don't buy the things he put up on his 'shop'. So what can be done is that folks click on any link on his shop and then continue shopping at amazon and add your own purchases etc. He will get the commission of the things you buy, which can be pretty substantial sometimes (5-7%). Many people get quite a bit of commissions in this way.

We cannot get the discounts ourselves so may as well help the site... Black Friday is this week. :)

Bob_san
Site Admin

#3 Post by Bob_san » Tue Nov 20, 2012 12:04 am

Thanks for the clarification and support jeffyen!