Bob playing golf & Charlotte walking in Kyoto:same sound

Discuss the fabulous movie Lost In Translation!

Moderator: Bob

Duguesclin
Lost In Jet Lag

Bob playing golf & Charlotte walking in Kyoto:same sound

#1 Post by Duguesclin » Sat Oct 18, 2014 3:26 am

I have now watched LIT so many times that I have noticed an interesting detail..
When Bob is playing golf with green forest picture and Fuji Mount in back ground (by the way you can see trees are not moving at all) you can hear some birds in the background sound track..
When Charlotte is later walking alone in Kyoto (last sequence I think on the empty place) , you will hear exactly the same background sound track with these famous birds again...
couac...couac...
Nothing more than this!

samwright8380
Japanese Surfer

#2 Post by samwright8380 » Sun Oct 19, 2014 10:50 pm

I'll have to watch it again, has whoever mixed the soundtrack literally looped the same call twice?

I believe they're rooks (I tend to mix them up with ravens), their call is very common around Kyoto and Tokyo.

jeffyen
Lounge Singer

#3 Post by jeffyen » Sun Apr 12, 2015 10:09 am

Intriguing...

If this is indeed true, then it does point to something similar that both are in.

Bob is trying to get sense of things by walking the course. That scene is just blatantly strange to me, but as anyone who's experienced like this in real life, it's just spot on!

Charlotte is also obviously conflicted and confused when she was in Kyoto, trying to make sense of things. Nice catch OP!