Lost in Translation Sequel?

Discuss the fabulous movie Lost In Translation!

Moderator: Bob

Mr_Tym
Traveler

Lost in Translation Sequel?

#1 Post by Mr_Tym » Tue Sep 07, 2004 4:12 am

I really would love it if this happened and I know alot of you would also. I know it seems impossible but anythings possible. It's gotta be more happier though like they've reunited to meet like a year later on accident or something. Like they're happier in their lives. This is my favorite film now that I think about it. Wish there was more continuity. I hated watching the movie end. Felt kinda meloncholy but satifying and happy. Blah everyone here knows what I mean. Wish the dvd has more extras!!!!!!!!!!!!! Cast interviews like everyone, more video of the chracters messign around.

#2 Post by Guest » Fri Sep 17, 2004 5:36 am

No no no no no! Sorry, but this is one of the worst ideas ever. This movie should NEVER have a sequel, as there is no way on god's green Earth that it would possibly be anywhere near as good and all it would be is a cheap immitation.

That's like saying Citizen Kane needs a sequel, or more recently, Fight Club. No, the story is told, it's not a franchise. Leave it in it's perfect form, don't ruin it with a sequel.

I do agree on the DVD though. My favourite extra is the music video with just the footage of Charlotte walking around Tokyo. Fantastic.

Blissbomb
Stocking Lipper

#3 Post by Blissbomb » Fri Sep 17, 2004 6:31 am

I agree, leave perfection alone. Its like asking Van Gogh to reproduce one of his paintings, it just wouldnt be the same. How often do sequels work, one in ten, its not great odds. Sophia is trying to put together a body of work, she needs to move on and dazzle us with something totally different.
Lost in World

lost in translation
LIT Super Fan

#4 Post by lost in translation » Fri Sep 17, 2004 3:56 pm

I wouldn't watch a sequel if one came out.

switchtosake
Lost In Tokyo

Wishful thinking

#5 Post by switchtosake » Fri Sep 17, 2004 6:23 pm

I hear what you're saying about a sequel. I certainly wanted the movie to continue, and there was a great sadness when it ended. But a sequal would never be as good as the original and would destroy peoples assumptions of what happened.

Chicken
Wide Awake

#6 Post by Chicken » Sat Sep 18, 2004 3:36 am

Thumbs down to this idea. Even though I would still watch it and I'm sure it would turn out to be a pretty decent movie, it would defeat the purpose of the first. The ending was there to let us interpret how Bob and Charlotte would lead their lives, and knowing what happens in the sequell would kill the experience if you haven't seen the first. Lost in Translation is a one of a kind movie.

jeffyen
Lounge Singer

#7 Post by jeffyen » Sat Sep 18, 2004 3:52 am

Having a sequel would totally destroy Episode 1.

phillygalinutah
Lounge Singer

Re: need for a Sequel

#8 Post by phillygalinutah » Sat Sep 18, 2004 4:31 pm

LIT demonstated that an unexpected personal connection between two stangers can bring life changing possibilities for each of them and their outlook on their lives. I don't feel a need for a sequel for them to meet again. I guess I can rent Sunrise/Sunset if I want to watch what happens when two people who met briefly meet up again. :wink:
"Everyone wants to be found"

hull_street
WooHoo Guy

#9 Post by hull_street » Sun Sep 19, 2004 6:29 pm

Hmm, what about a "pre"-quel ?

We could watch Bob and Lydia eating pasta together, John launching his photo career, Charlotte studying hard to pass her finals at Yale while maintaining a new marriage, and Kelly shooting her action movie!

Well, ok, maybe not... :roll:

Suntory
For Relaxing Times Make It Suntory Time!

#10 Post by Suntory » Mon Sep 20, 2004 12:37 am

hull_street wrote:...and Kelly shooting her action movie!
Yes but would they be able to get Keanu for it?! :roll: :shock:

findingcharlotte
Charlie Brown

never again

#11 Post by findingcharlotte » Tue Oct 26, 2004 5:21 pm

Charlotte said it..." lets never come back here again......"
Like never knowing the words in the whisper...It wouldnt be the same ..
Call me if you get lost...

" before we go, Im not as brave as I told you.."

jm
Inactive/Deleted user

Re: never again

#12 Post by jm » Wed Oct 27, 2004 7:10 am

"[quote:d03cf73ebf="findingcharlotte"]Charlotte said it..." lets never come back here again......"
Like never knowing the words in the whisper...It wouldnt be the same ..[/quote:d03cf73ebf]

So what is the unreadable text in your icon?"
Last edited by jm on Sat Feb 17, 2007 2:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.

findingcharlotte
Charlie Brown

#13 Post by findingcharlotte » Wed Oct 27, 2004 12:29 pm

johnmonkey wrote:
findingcharlotte wrote:Charlotte said it..." lets never come back here again......"
Like never knowing the words in the whisper...It wouldnt be the same ..
So what is the unreadable text in your icon?

The photo of Charlottes eyes was taken from a small advertisment of the movie from Tawain..so it is their langauge script..and I have no idea what it says..I just loved the photo.......

phillygalinutah
Lounge Singer

Re: Your Avatar

#14 Post by phillygalinutah » Wed Oct 27, 2004 2:32 pm

findingcharlotte, I like your avatar and signature line too! Very appropriate! Thanks for the story behind it :o

And welcome to the LIT board too...and hope you'll enjoy your "soul searching" with us :wink:
"Everyone wants to be found"

findingcharlotte
Charlie Brown

Re: Your Avatar

#15 Post by findingcharlotte » Wed Oct 27, 2004 2:41 pm

phillygalinutah wrote:findingcharlotte, I like your avatar and signature line too! Very appropriate! Thanks for the story behind it :o

And welcome to the LIT board too...and hope you'll enjoy your "soul searching" with us :wink:

Thank you....I hope the board continues strongly...Ill stay amongst all late night soul searchers....who find comfort hanging with Bob & Charlotte..

jm
Inactive/Deleted user

#16 Post by jm » Wed Oct 27, 2004 7:40 pm

"[quote:86315fadb4="findingcharlotte"]The photo of Charlottes eyes was taken from a small advertisment of the movie from Tawain..so it is their langauge script..and I have no idea what it says..I just loved the photo.......[/quote:86315fadb4]

Crap, I was going to find the big version of that, text-free, online, but I can't! I could email it to you though. Send me a pvt msg with your email and I'll do so.

And Google can find different pics for you."
Last edited by jm on Sat Feb 17, 2007 2:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.

findingcharlotte
Charlie Brown

#17 Post by findingcharlotte » Thu Oct 28, 2004 2:29 am

done the google searches..
.found a variation of this pic ob the link I posted today..but just not the same............

johnmonkey wrote:
findingcharlotte wrote:The photo of Charlottes eyes was taken from a small advertisment of the movie from Tawain..so it is their langauge script..and I have no idea what it says..I just loved the photo.......
Crap, I was going to find the big version of that, text-free, online, but I can't! I could email it to you though. Send me a pvt msg with your email and I'll do so.

And Google can find different pics for you.

lost in translation
LIT Super Fan

#18 Post by lost in translation » Thu Oct 28, 2004 4:35 pm

johnmonkey wrote:
findingcharlotte wrote:The photo of Charlottes eyes was taken from a small advertisment of the movie from Tawain..so it is their langauge script..and I have no idea what it says..I just loved the photo.......

http://outnow.ch/Media/Img/2003/LostInT ... 1400&h=930

findingcharlotte
Charlie Brown

#19 Post by findingcharlotte » Thu Oct 28, 2004 4:48 pm

Hi ..thanks for the link.. I actually posted the link for these photos a couple of days ago on this board....Theres a similar photo..yes..but not quite the one I have....Im tryin to vid capture it from the movie as well..

lost in translation wrote:
johnmonkey wrote:

http://outnow.ch/Media/Img/2003/LostInT ... 1400&h=930

jml98
Asleep

#20 Post by jml98 » Sat Nov 06, 2004 10:04 pm

It's weird...ive found a bunch of Scarlett fan sites that have DVD captures, that exact frame seems to be missing (or maybe i'm just imagining it) But in any case, the color on the DVD captures is definately darker than the one in your avatar findingcharlotte . Maybe that site you got it from photoshopped it a little bit (photoshop can easily make photos brighter, change the contrast, etc.) if you want a movie still, click on the below url

http://www.scarlettjohanssonfan.com/gal ... ie/326.jpg

the picture is big but you can always download it, change the image size and upload it to some free upload host site and then use it as you avatar image (remote image). I think your avatar image, even with the writing, is better than the capture though.