Greetings Fellow Fans!

Discuss the fabulous movie Lost In Translation!

Moderator: Bob

redleader74
LIT Super Fan

Greetings Fellow Fans!

#1 Post by redleader74 » Tue Sep 25, 2018 2:39 pm

Greetings Fellow Fans! This is my first post here and I’m a bit late in sharing my experience at the Park Hyatt Tokyo as it was already a couple of years back (Nov. 2016). I have been a fan of LiT since I first watched the film ages ago. It was this movie that fueled my desire to visit Japan one day and even stay at the Park Hyatt. The chance finally came in Nov. 2016 when a combination of credit cart points made the trip affordable. We went to all the usual tourist hot spots (Tokyo, Kyoto, Osaka, etc.) but the trip culminated at the end in a four night stay at the Park Hyatt Tokyo. For a huge LiT fan, it was in a word, like a pilgrimage. By the time we stayed at the Park Hyatt, it had already been what, 13 or so years since the movie came out? So I as very surprised and pleased that in fact much of the hotel looks exactly the same as in the movie, such as in the furnishings, colors, styles. Travelers’ reviews on places like Trip Advisor note that the hotel looks dated. But I think that Japanese design has a tendency to look timeless. I did not attempt to book the same rooms featured in the movie as I was delighted enough just to be able to go. Of the four nights there, we spent the first three evenings in the New York Bar. The drinks were of course expensive as expected but they were absolutely fantastic. The band was amazing as well. On our last night, we ordered room service and watched LiT from start to finish against the backdrop of the stunning view of Tokyo outside our window. It wasn’t just that the hotel and our stay was luxurious and enjoyable, it was knowing that we’d finally made it there. Happy Travels!
Attachments
IMG_7952_sm.JPG
IMG_7952_sm.JPG (88.02 KiB) Viewed 7043 times
IMG_7491_sm.JPG
IMG_7491_sm.JPG (76.32 KiB) Viewed 7043 times
私は ”ロスト・イン・トランスレーション” です。

jeffyen
Lounge Singer

Re: Greetings Fellow Fans!

#2 Post by jeffyen » Thu Sep 27, 2018 10:26 pm

wow this is very cool. Thanks for sharing!

Bob_san
Site Admin

Re: Greetings Fellow Fans!

#3 Post by Bob_san » Fri Sep 28, 2018 2:21 am

redleader74 wrote:
Tue Sep 25, 2018 2:39 pm
Greetings Fellow Fans! This is my first post here and .....
Hello and welcome to the forum!

That's a great story and thanks for sharing!

Bob San