More evidence I'm watching LIT too much.....

Discuss the fabulous movie Lost In Translation!

Moderator: Bob

KKDallas
Ikebana Fan

More evidence I'm watching LIT too much.....

#1 Post by KKDallas » Fri Sep 17, 2004 9:51 am

I noticed last night that the scene/setting in which Charlotte and John are in their room talking about "lock and loll", her scarf, and smoking is the same scene where he is getting ready to go to Fukawaka and he shows her the champagne wrapped in yellow celophane. I believe it is scene 5 and 10.

John is wearing the same shirt with green trim and Charlotte is wearing the same gray sweater and pink panties. In scene 5, you can even see the yellow wrapped champagne bottle sitting on the floor. HOwever, he doesn't show it to her until scene 10.

Also the same scene/setting is used for Bob when he is sitting on his bed scanning the TV channels before Premium Fantasy lady knocks on his door and when he is scanning TV and sees himself on the goofy talk show ("Matthew Snellick"...ta tonga tong...ta tonga tong).

He is wearing a black collared shirt and a white book is open on his bedside table in the back ground. However in the later scene, the next shot is him in the bar in a different suit and the Sausilto singer approaches him at the bar.

Don't get me wrong. I'm not complaining about the editting. I am so moved by this movie that I watch it a lot. No other movie has touched me this way. I have certainly gotten my money's worth from my DVD....LOL

Kathy

silver

#2 Post by silver » Fri Sep 17, 2004 1:29 pm

I also took note of Bill Murray and the items in the room for the Premium Fantasy and Matthew Snellick scenes. The book was opened the same way. These were probably consecutive shots with Snellick coming first and then the Premium Fantasy lady.

I also think that the scene shot in the bar where the Sausalito singer sits down was shot at the same time that Bill Murray smokes the cigar when the two guys notice him as "Bob Harris" and comment on his film -"Sunset Odds" and doing his own stunts.

Suntory
For Relaxing Times Make It Suntory Time!

#3 Post by Suntory » Sun Sep 19, 2004 2:04 am

Yea I kind of noticed the same things when I was watching it this past week. But in no way does all that ruin the premium fantasy experience of this film! :shock: