DVD Easter Eggs

Discuss the fabulous movie Lost In Translation!

Moderator: Bob

jml98
Asleep

DVD Easter Eggs

#1 Post by jml98 » Sun Oct 17, 2004 3:29 am

Does anybody know of any easter eggs on the DVD? I can't find any site that has them, either. DVD's usually have them, so I'm shocked if LiT really doesn't have any.

Btw, i wish the DVD extras had a little more scarlett in it (and some commentary from sofia...). The lack of her or anything about her bugs me a little. Maybe sofia and scarlett did get in a little quarrel after all?

Drood

#2 Post by Drood » Sun Oct 17, 2004 6:01 am

Actually, as DVD becomes more mainstream, they're getting less and less. I've not bought a DVD that had an easter egg on this year I think. Last one I really remember was Two Towers extended.

It's a real shame, but they seem to be slowly doing away with them:(

CHris!
Evelyn Waugh

#3 Post by CHris! » Sun Oct 17, 2004 11:12 am

its funny you should mention that jml, I got LiT on DVD through the post the other day, and watched it last night, After watching the film, I watched the extra's which I had been dying to see, and as you say, although I thought they were really good, I was pretty disapointed not to see more of scarlett in them, it looked like it really was the Bill Murray show. As much as I liked Bill in the film, I really would of liked to of seen more of scarlett in the extras, and maybe all that stuff about sofia and bill falling out with her was true, I kinda got that idea fromt the DVD extra's atleast...
theres nothing more than this

jm
Inactive/Deleted user

#4 Post by jm » Sun Oct 17, 2004 8:02 pm

"[quote:a2e7b606d7="CHris!"]its funny you should mention that jml, I got LiT on DVD through the post the other day, and watched it last night, After watching the film, I watched the extra's which I had been dying to see, and as you say, although I thought they were really good, I was pretty disapointed not to see more of scarlett in them, it looked like it really was the Bill Murray show. As much as I liked Bill in the film, I really would of liked to of seen more of scarlett in the extras, and maybe all that stuff about sofia and bill falling out with her was true, I kinda got that idea fromt the DVD extra's atleast...[/quote:a2e7b606d7]

Well, the movie was about Sofia and Bill. Sofia wanted Bill to do it and wouldn't have done it without him. You can watch her in the extras and tell how smitten she was with him. (I feel, though you may not, that I can say this without impunging the then-married lady's morality.) Scarlett was merely a stand-in for Sofia, so it is understandable (if wrong) for her to be shoved to the side. --Fortunately, Scarlett is a good enough surfer to have gone from waves past success onto the LIT one, and onto many others.

I don't know if anyone else is doing it, but if you search around on the net, you can find a lot of audio with interviews with Bill, Scarlett, and Sofia. I've got three audio CDs full of them...so the lack of DVD extras didn't hit me that hard."
Last edited by jm on Sat Feb 17, 2007 2:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Drood
Traveler

#5 Post by Drood » Mon Oct 18, 2004 6:22 am

The Canadian version of the DVD has the theatrical trailer, which I believe the US release doesn't.

Guess that's kind of an easter egg.

jm
Inactive/Deleted user

#6 Post by jm » Mon Oct 18, 2004 8:31 am

"[quote:bf9b3fa90f="Drood"]The Canadian version of the DVD has the theatrical trailer, which I believe the US release doesn't.[/quote:bf9b3fa90f]

That is incorrect. The US release certainly has the trailer.

There do seem to be no eggs. Of course, there's the smiling and waving woman at the end of the credits -- I believe she's a famous Japanese photographer."
Last edited by jm on Sat Feb 17, 2007 2:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.

jml98
Asleep

#7 Post by jml98 » Fri Oct 22, 2004 11:34 pm

johnmonkey wrote: I don't know if anyone else is doing it, but if you search around on the net, you can find a lot of audio with interviews with Bill, Scarlett, and Sofia. I've got three audio CDs full of them...so the lack of DVD extras didn't hit me that hard.
Really? I can't find that much. Maybe im not good at surfing the web. Where are some of the places you got them?

Drood
Traveler

#8 Post by Drood » Sun Oct 31, 2004 5:56 pm

johnmonkey wrote:
Drood wrote:The Canadian version of the DVD has the theatrical trailer, which I believe the US release doesn't.
That is incorrect. The US release certainly has the trailer.
Yet more in the line of Alliance Atlantis (Canada's evil media conglomerate that puts out over a third of the DVD's up here) lying.