Another LIT Simul-view: Sat Feb 5th at 11:30 PM EST

Discuss the fabulous movie Lost In Translation!

Moderator: Bob

#61 Post by Guest » Tue Feb 15, 2005 4:33 pm

it kind of moves away from the spirit of an LiT fan forum
My thinking is that likeminded people are going to probably enjoy similer films (and also films with the same actors/directors etc) and it injects more life and activity into what is a limited (although of course wonderful) one topic forum.
but i am open to that idea.
Cool! :D

I would advise however that if its a movie someone hasnt seen that they watch it at least once before the chat. Otherwise as you know the chat gets too distracting from the movie and you'll miss stuff and not a good way to experience a movie the first time!

I am open to Goundhogs Day. I've only seen it twice and not for many years and I liked it a lot!

jml2
WooHoo Guy

#62 Post by jml2 » Tue Feb 15, 2005 8:46 pm

how about The Virgin Suicides? another film by Sofia Coppola

The Shoegazer
Japanese Surfer

#63 Post by The Shoegazer » Tue Feb 15, 2005 11:30 pm

jml2 wrote:how about The Virgin Suicides? another film by Sofia Coppola
What about it?

I didn't feel anything while watching the movie on simul-view, The movie has much more impact on you if you watch it by yourself in a dark room at 11pm.Although its a nice way to connect with other fans, its just not the same.
Here we are, Stuck by this river

jml98
Asleep

#64 Post by jml98 » Thu Feb 17, 2005 1:11 am

i agree that the simulview doesn't create the same feeling while watching the movie, but i don't think it's really designed to...i think the simulview is more of a "fun" viewing of it, if that makes sense. It designed to be able to share your thoughts and feelings as you watch to movie with people who also love it. If you want the "punched in the stomach feeling" then, yes, watch it alone at 11 pm in the dark...this is the only bad part of the simulview for this movie...

Just Like Honey...
Suntory Time

#65 Post by Just Like Honey... » Thu Feb 17, 2005 1:32 am

i still like bob's idea of doing a simulview of groundhog day. it's a bit more light-hearted than most other movies so there wouldn't be much of anything taken away by a simulview.
I'd rather be a gear in a big, deterministic, physical machine than just some random swerving.

jml98
Asleep

#66 Post by jml98 » Thu Feb 17, 2005 11:23 pm

i think that is a good point...the movie would def. have to be lighthearted, something funny so that nothing is really taken away by the simulview...groundhog day sounds good to me...