The Kyoto Sequence

Discuss the fabulous movie Lost In Translation!

Moderator: Bob

You Make it Easy
Charlie Brown

#21 Post by You Make it Easy » Mon Aug 08, 2005 5:18 pm

I find it relaxing, when I close my eyes while listening to Alone in Kyoto and thinking of this scene.
Waiting to be found...

Pitman
Suntory Time

#22 Post by Pitman » Tue May 16, 2006 7:03 pm

Ahh, yes, the Kyoto chapter is awesome. It's like a music video in itself. I can just play that scene over and over.

I am currently in British Columbia on vacation and brought my iPod along. I think I've played the soundtrack 3 times since I've been here.

Well, this past Friday, my sister was working so I went downtown by myself to stroll around like Charlotte would stroll around Tokyo and Kyoto. My final stop was to the Dr. Sun Yat-Sen Classical Chinese Garden. It was absolutely beautiful. I took the time to meditate, read some Japanese poetry, and walk the grounds with my iPod playing "Alone in Kyoto," which nearly brought tears to my eyes as I remembered Charlotte walking about the shrines alone.

http://www.vancouverchinesegarden.com/ Try the virtual tour!

I65
Inactive/Deleted user

#23 Post by I65 » Tue May 16, 2006 11:05 pm

Pitman wrote:Ahh, yes, the Kyoto chapter is awesome. It's like a music video in itself. I can just play that scene over and over.

I am currently in British Columbia on vacation and brought my iPod along. I think I've played the soundtrack 3 times since I've been here.

Well, this past Friday, my sister was working so I went downtown by myself to stroll around like Charlotte would stroll around Tokyo and Kyoto. My final stop was to the Dr. Sun Yat-Sen Classical Chinese Garden. It was absolutely beautiful. I took the time to meditate, read some Japanese poetry, and walk the grounds with my iPod playing "Alone in Kyoto," which nearly brought tears to my eyes as I remembered Charlotte walking about the shrines alone.

http://www.vancouverchinesegarden.com/ Try the virtual tour!
That was really spectacular! Thanks for sharing the link. Anyone who takes the tour, may enjoy the readings that went along with it. Many interesting facts on creating the garden.