Hello

Discuss the fabulous movie Lost In Translation!

Moderator: Bob

Ryan

Hello

#1 Post by Ryan » Wed Mar 16, 2005 6:18 pm

I finally saw this movie two days ago(kinda late), but it might be one of my fav movies of all time. Ive seen it 3 times in 2 days and each time i find out more about the movie and what Sophia was doing. Can't believe how many people feel the same way has I do about this movie and how its already moved me only 2 days after watching it. I D/led the Soundtrack and I cant stop listening to it. Maybe someday I will have a life altering experience like the one Bob and Charlett both have in the film.

Just saying Hello and good to see how much this movie has moved people the way its moved me.

jml2
WooHoo Guy

#2 Post by jml2 » Wed Mar 16, 2005 7:46 pm

welcome Ryan
I envy you experiencing LIT for the first time
it's so great isn't it :)

jml98
Asleep

#3 Post by jml98 » Wed Mar 16, 2005 11:23 pm

you've come to the right place. what we have here is a community who understands how we you feel about the movie; we all feel that way too. Don't be afraid to share anything, you won't be attacked here like at IMDB or other places. Hope you become a member!

RyanZ
Tokyo Insomniac

#4 Post by RyanZ » Thu Mar 17, 2005 3:28 pm

Thanks for the warm welcome. It was great after the first time i watched it. I sat there listened to the music in the end credits and starting thinking.

Lochlain
Alone in Kyoto

#5 Post by Lochlain » Thu Mar 17, 2005 5:13 pm

welcome Ryan.

WhoFeelsLove
Lounge Singer

#6 Post by WhoFeelsLove » Thu Mar 17, 2005 9:36 pm

the music in the movie is without a doubt, incredible. fits it perfectly. listening to the music is like replaying the movie over and over again in your head.
mike

jml98
Asleep

#7 Post by jml98 » Thu Mar 17, 2005 11:08 pm

RyanZ wrote:Thanks for the warm welcome. It was great after the first time i watched it. I sat there listened to the music in the end credits and starting thinking.
it's that paralyzing feeling, that "punched in the stomach" feeling that we've all had...

Kenobi
Traveler

#8 Post by Kenobi » Sat Mar 19, 2005 5:12 pm

It is an incredible film. I love the honesty and simplicity of it the most. The simplicity made it complex.

I regularly listen to the soundtrack when I'm travelling on the tube in London. Although it sure isn't the same as being lost in Tokyo, I do think it is fitting that I can travel in London and feel sometimes I'm drifting along... small me in a big city. The music is just perfect if you are travelling.

I have to say the first time I saw it, I didn't come out of the cinema really moved. However the 2nd time I watched it, which was on dvd by myself, I decided it was my favourite film of all time and had to watch it a couple more times again. I walked around that week with a "lost" mood, and drifted from place to place.

jml2
WooHoo Guy

#9 Post by jml2 » Sat Mar 19, 2005 5:42 pm

that first/second viewing effect is interesting.
although I really liked it on first viewing, cried at the goodbye scene, :cry: it wasn't until the second time I saw it that I really loved it, and it was much richer, and more acute.
Maybe because in the first viewing we are still figuring out what sort of movie we are watching, and who the characters are

Lochlain
Alone in Kyoto

#10 Post by Lochlain » Sun Mar 20, 2005 4:56 pm

strange but it hit me first time... And second time it hit me again.
Now I'm kinda scared to see it again.

RyanZ
Tokyo Insomniac

#11 Post by RyanZ » Sun Mar 20, 2005 9:08 pm

You have only seen it twice?

WhoFeelsLove
Lounge Singer

#12 Post by WhoFeelsLove » Sun Mar 20, 2005 9:38 pm

i've only seen it 3 times.

the more you spread them out the more it hits you. can't overdo it.
mike

Just Like Honey...
Suntory Time

#13 Post by Just Like Honey... » Mon Mar 21, 2005 12:25 am

WhoFeelsLove wrote:i've only seen it 3 times.

the more you spread them out the more it hits you. can't overdo it.
I used to watch it every night until I fell asleep.. usually left it on the laptop in bed until about the time where Bob is at the photo shoot.. then closed the screen and kept listening until I nodded off.. usually around the karaoke scene. I dont think this affected my outlook on LiT, but it probably would have if i watched it to the end every time.
I'd rather be a gear in a big, deterministic, physical machine than just some random swerving.

jml98
Asleep

#14 Post by jml98 » Mon Mar 21, 2005 1:35 am

i've seen it in its entirety at least 10-15 times...i've watched selected favorite scenes probably like 20+ times (sometimes, if i don't have time to watch the whole movie, i'll choose some great scenes and just watch those...i know the movie well enough to know exactly whats going on at that point anyway)

RyanZ
Tokyo Insomniac

#15 Post by RyanZ » Mon Mar 21, 2005 5:35 pm

I have watched it almost every night now and It just feels good after watching the movie. Sit there and dream that someday I might have this kind of great experience in my life. Figuring out what it will take me to actually be able to travel to tokyo and things like that.

Lochlain
Alone in Kyoto

#16 Post by Lochlain » Tue Mar 22, 2005 7:51 am

RyanZ wrote:You have only seen it twice?
yes.

A moment of silence
Suntory Time

#17 Post by A moment of silence » Thu Oct 13, 2005 10:48 pm

Welcome Ryan!

i have seen this movie about 4 times? I don't remember. The first time I saw LIT it was already started so I don't count it, but I should? Well, what matters is when I played it from begining to end I realized how incredible this film is, I felt so attached to the characters and the story, and everytime I see it I feel the same way. Enjoy it, Ryan. And don't worry, good movies like this don't loose their spark no matter how many times you watch them.
Take Care. :)
Nothing is more beautiful than something that will not last

Pitman
Suntory Time

#18 Post by Pitman » Tue May 09, 2006 9:50 am

jml2 wrote:that first/second viewing effect is interesting.
although I really liked it on first viewing, cried at the goodbye scene, :cry: it wasn't until the second time I saw it that I really loved it, and it was much richer, and more acute.
Maybe because in the first viewing we are still figuring out what sort of movie we are watching, and who the characters are
This was exactly the same experience for me. The first viewing in the theatre was good. I watched it with someone and of course in a crowd of people. It wasn't until I bought the DVD and watched it alone at home that I got it. Now, after my 6th viewing, the movie still holds number 1 spot in my heart.