Trying Not to Watching LIT

Discuss the fabulous movie Lost In Translation!

Moderator: Bob

RyanZ
Tokyo Insomniac

Trying Not to Watching LIT

#1 Post by RyanZ » Sat Apr 02, 2005 12:50 pm

I cant stop watching this movie, I tell myself i should not watch it for about 4 or so months so i can get the same feeling i had when i watched the movie the first couple of times, but I always end up putting it in my DVD player and watching half the movie one day and the other half the next. HELP ME!!! :shock:

wiggle
Lounge Singer

#2 Post by wiggle » Sat Apr 02, 2005 5:29 pm

I've never had the same feeling as I had when I first watched it, it has to be said. I still love watching it though.
Where the hell's the whiskey?

WhoFeelsLove
Lounge Singer

#3 Post by WhoFeelsLove » Sat Apr 02, 2005 6:01 pm

It didn't really hit me until the third time I watched it, actually. I don't think I'll ever have THAT feeling again.

tell someone to hide the dvd from you! 8)
mike

Azshi
Evelyn Waugh

#4 Post by Azshi » Tue Apr 05, 2005 10:52 pm

I'm still able to get chills after seeing it about 20 times, but

and I hope I don't jinx anyone else's viewing experience by saying this,

They are apart in a crowd of people and most of the crowd disappears as we see Bob and Charlotte ... except for this one woman. She crosses Bob's path handing out flyers, and it drives me crazy because it's an emotional scene; Bob is terrified he will never see Charlotte again without saying goodbye and is praying that he can meet up with her. I want to be looking at his face and here comes this woman that interrupts the line of sight and catches my attention every single time. It drives me crazy. Thank God she isn't handing out flyers behind Charlotte when they hug.

jml98
Asleep

#5 Post by jml98 » Wed Apr 06, 2005 12:23 am

Azshi wrote:I'm still able to get chills after seeing it about 20 times, but

and I hope I don't jinx anyone else's viewing experience by saying this,

They are apart in a crowd of people and most of the crowd disappears as we see Bob and Charlotte ... except for this one woman. She crosses Bob's path handing out flyers, and it drives me crazy because it's an emotional scene; Bob is terrified he will never see Charlotte again without saying goodbye and is praying that he can meet up with her. I want to be looking at his face and here comes this woman that interrupts the line of sight and catches my attention every single time. It drives me crazy. Thank God she isn't handing out flyers behind Charlotte when they hug.

i actually noticed this too, but it doesn't really take away from my experience. for the most part, when i watch the movie (even just certain scene of it, because i know the movie well enough) i still get that feeling...it still amazes me that even after watching the movie for the first time back in august i am still so interested in it and talking about it

ForRelaxingTimes
Charlie Brown

#6 Post by ForRelaxingTimes » Sat May 07, 2005 8:02 pm

I first saw this movie in theathers really late at night, around 11:30. There was only about 4 or 5 people other than me and the person I was with. I had no idea what kind of movie this was going to be, I was thinking the usual witty remarks from Bill, so I thought I would get a laugh... sitting through this movie I was absolutely amazed.. it had just the right amount of comedy and drama mixed in. I could easily say I will never ever have a movie experience like I did with Lost in Translation. The soundtrack also made this movie great, It's a great way to relax.
When I got home after seeing the movie I HAD to research the movie, the music, the locations in Japan, no movie has ever done this to me. Sofia you get Two thumbs up!

:D
"For Relaxing Times...Make it Suntory Times."

"I'm organizing a prison break..."

A moment of silence
Suntory Time

#7 Post by A moment of silence » Fri Oct 07, 2005 11:33 pm

I second "For Relaxing Times"!!! :wink:
Nothing is more beautiful than something that will not last

#8 Post by Guest » Fri Oct 07, 2005 11:46 pm

A moment of silence wrote:I second "For Relaxing Times"!!! :wink:
Welcome new active member!!!

ForRelaxingTimes
Charlie Brown

#9 Post by ForRelaxingTimes » Sun Oct 09, 2005 4:51 pm

Welcome to the board!

P.S. Sorry all, my internet has been down for awhile, I am using another at the moment.
"For Relaxing Times...Make it Suntory Times."

"I'm organizing a prison break..."