LIT's Sondtrack and WHY isn't it IN LIT?

Discuss the fabulous movie Lost In Translation!

Moderator: Bob

flame of solitude

#21 Post by flame of solitude » Fri Nov 05, 2004 9:36 pm

Blissbomb wrote: the computer at home. You become a LIT junkie. You start searching for batteries so you can listen to it on a CD walkman. It swirls around your head and your back in Tokyo!
LOL, I always have the LiT OST on my MP3 Discman and on my home computer's playlist.

Here's a tough one: what are the songs featured in the 'Intro Tokyo' track? Those litle bits of j-pop music that seem to be playing on loudspeakers, anyone know the names of those songs/artists?

btw, first post! Hi everyone!

#22 Post by Guest » Sat Nov 06, 2004 10:46 am

flame of solitude wrote: btw, first post! Hi everyone!
Greetings and welcome!
Feel free to register and claim that name on the permanent memberlist!

#23 Post by Guest » Sun Nov 07, 2004 6:30 am

Yeah, I play the LIT soundtrack constantly. People ask me what the hell is coming out of my speakers. I guess you just can't appreciate it unless you've seen the movie and can understand what is going on while the music is playing.

And the My Bloody Valentine song is not in a different key in the movie. Not in mine anyway.

jml98
Asleep

#24 Post by jml98 » Tue Nov 23, 2004 12:34 am

Guest wrote:When she is in her room listening to " A Sole's Search" cd, I believe there is some music playing quietly during that scene. It might be "Goodbye".
i've went back and listened closely and i don't think it is goodbye (its hard to hear though, i might be wrong)

databar
Traveler

#25 Post by databar » Thu Aug 04, 2005 1:27 pm

Here's a tough one: what are the songs featured in the 'Intro Tokyo' track? Those litle bits of j-pop music that seem to be playing on loudspeakers, anyone know the names of those songs/artists?
hi everyone
flame of solitude --> the songs used in the track Intro/Tokyo are by a girls band called Yellow Generation.
The songs are :
Lost generation
Carpe Diem
Kitakaze to Taiyou

bye

The Shoegazer
Japanese Surfer

#26 Post by The Shoegazer » Thu Aug 04, 2005 10:18 pm

Blissbomb wrote:I just purchased the LIT soundtrack and I cant stop playing it. My friends and family think its the worst music they have ever heard, which makes me like it even more!
Lol! That IS a nice feeling when you seem to be the only one around enjoying and appreciating the music. Makes you seem different in a good way doesnt it. I tought I was the only one(with a few of the move critics) who was so much into LiT before I discovered this site :D

thehardestwalk
Traveler

#27 Post by thehardestwalk » Thu Sep 08, 2005 1:52 pm

The LiT soundtrack has encouraged my to seek out more music by the artists on the CD such as Air, Death in Vegas etc . What's amazing is that, at times other tracks can give me that same LiT tingle (you know the one, gives you mental images of glittering Tokyo cityscapes... :D ).

I would recommend:

Cherry Blossom Girl, Run - Air

Leather - Death in Vegas

Happy When It Rains, The Hardest Walk - The Jesus & Mary Chain

...and of course a certain little song by Elvis Costello.

Anyone else have suggestions of songs for that LiT mood?
So where are the strong, and who are the trusted?..

preciouswhile
Mr. Kazo sent me

#28 Post by preciouswhile » Thu Sep 08, 2005 5:13 pm

In the same vein as MBV, a band called Slowdive has some pretty good 'shoegaze' songs. In particular, songs called Shine and She Calls fit the mood very well.

And as much as I dislike pop in general, Dido has quite a few songs with lyrics that remind me of LiT so I find myself unable to resist.

Speaking of Elvis Costello, I saw him live this past weekend at the Bumbershoot Festival. He didn't play Peace Love and Understanding, but the show was still quite good.