Close my eyes...

Discuss the fabulous movie Lost In Translation!

Moderator: Bob

You Make it Easy
Charlie Brown

Close my eyes...

#1 Post by You Make it Easy » Fri Apr 22, 2005 1:56 pm

Feel me now
I don't know how you could not love me now
You will know, with her feet down to the ground
Over there, and I want true love to grow
You can't hide, oh no, from the way I feel

Turn my head
Into sound
I don't know when I lay down on the ground
You will find the __ __ hurts to love
Never cared, and the world turned hearts to love
We will see, oh now, in a day or two
You will wait
See me go
I don't care, when you're head turned __ _ __
You will wait, when I turn my eyes around
Overhead when I hold you next to me
Overhead, to know the way I see

Close my eyes
Feel me now
I don't know, maybe you could not hurt me now
Here alone, when I feel down too
Over there, when I await true love for you
You can hide, oh now, the way I do
You can see, oh now, oh the way I do

Just how I am feeling at the moment.

The Shoegazer
Japanese Surfer

#2 Post by The Shoegazer » Tue Apr 26, 2005 9:52 pm

Yeah, I posted the lyrics to the song somwhere here a while back but its a great song and fits the scence perfectly. I think the soundtrack for the movie is probably the best out of all the soundtracks that I lisened to. However, is there anyone else who does not like to listen to the soundtrack when not in the right place? I mean I dont listen to the songs on the soundtrack unless I am watching Night Windows or riding in a car at night and seeing the moon and lights or something else. I have no problem with listening to songs in some other places but I feel it would ruin the feeling overtime. Sorry for talking nonsense but I had to get it out. :D
Here we are, Stuck by this river

Just Like Honey...
Suntory Time

#3 Post by Just Like Honey... » Tue Apr 26, 2005 9:54 pm

I know what you mean. I probably woudn't be listening to "Just Like Honey" or "More Than This" while on the way to work in the morning with friends... ech :x
I'd rather be a gear in a big, deterministic, physical machine than just some random swerving.

You Make it Easy
Charlie Brown

#4 Post by You Make it Easy » Wed Apr 27, 2005 5:19 pm

I have only listened to "Just Like Honey" a few times from the soundtrack. I feel that song is just to damn powerful to be heard anywhere else except when watching Bob walk away from Charlotte in the last scene. Although I find myself listening to the soundtrack often, mostly when I come home from work, but when "Just like Honey" comes up I hit next.

Chicken
Wide Awake

#5 Post by Chicken » Fri Apr 29, 2005 5:45 am

How very surreal. I was in a very dream-like mood today so I started humming this song, and singing that very line "close my eyes, feel me now." This of course, reminded me of LiT, and I decided to come to stop by this place. Was singing the same line in the topic title right when I started reading it, heh.

Listening to this song while driving around in the city at night was one of the most sublime moments in my life.

jml98
Asleep

#6 Post by jml98 » Fri Apr 29, 2005 10:19 pm

Chicken wrote:
Listening to this song while driving around in the city at night was one of the most sublime moments in my life.
i drove around San Francisco listening to "Girls" and "Just Like Honey"...sublime...the lights were amazing; it had just rained so the streets were wet and the ground reflected the lights, the sky was clear so you could appreciate the skyscrapers' lights at the top...:shock:

also, i sometimes watch a slideshow of photos of Japan (from that awesome website, linked from this site) while listening to LiT music...i love that.

The Shoegazer
Japanese Surfer

#7 Post by The Shoegazer » Sun May 01, 2005 9:49 pm

jml98 wrote:
Chicken wrote:
i drove around San Francisco listening to "Girls" and "Just Like Honey"...sublime...the lights were amazing; it had just rained so the streets were wet and the ground reflected the lights, the sky was clear so you could appreciate the skyscrapers' lights at the top...:shock:

also, i sometimes watch a slideshow of photos of Japan (from that awesome website, linked from this site) while listening to LiT music...i love that.
uff, So I am not that weird after all :D . (my friends don't consider such things normal so I was beginning to worry)

jml98
Asleep

#8 Post by jml98 » Mon May 02, 2005 12:17 am

nah, ur not weird for appreciating the amazing and beautiful sights...ur friends probably just don't wanna admit that they are awestruck by beautiful lights and good music together...you should be praised for being able to appreciate the beauty...ok I'm sounding kinda wishy washy now

i watched one of those slideshows tonight to reduce stress of APs and SATs, which are coming up...its incredibly relaxing to listen to "girls" and look at the neon skyscrapers of Japan

Intro/ Tokyo
Lost In Jet Lag

#9 Post by Intro/ Tokyo » Mon May 02, 2005 10:36 am

That Japan Site ('Night Windows,' is it?)- does Tokyo really look like that at night, or has he done stuff with them? 'Cos surely nowhere can look that fantastic all the time. It's like the city planners incorporated 'mood lighting' into their designs.

The Shoegazer
Japanese Surfer

#10 Post by The Shoegazer » Tue May 03, 2005 8:47 pm

That Night Windows site is great. I tend to listen to Chemical Bros. song The State We're in (Come with us) while looking at those pictures and I think that the best song that fits the mood. Has anyone else noticed that bizare strange greenish lighting that comes up in a lot of photos on the site(the greenish cementary gives me the creeps)? I dont know if its got something to do with the flash of the camera or something. Also I noticed that some buildings sometimes look as they were toys made of plastic. Anyways, its just so refreshing to look at those photos around 11 pm or midnight with lights turned of and the soundtrack music. Too bad I haven't been able to meet anyone who shares that feeling. As someone above said, probably much more people are into LiT than we think. They're just probably ashamed of it for some reason I guess.

jml98
Asleep

#11 Post by jml98 » Tue May 03, 2005 9:09 pm

The Shoegazer wrote: probably much more people are into LiT than we think. They're just probably ashamed of it for some reason I guess.
well maybe they are afraid to share their opinions b/c they feel as if they will get attacked in places like IMDB (and that fear is justified! Some of those IMDB people are idiots) At the same time, i do like having a smaller little community here...but that doesn't mean i wouldn't welcome new members!

You Make it Easy
Charlie Brown

#12 Post by You Make it Easy » Tue May 03, 2005 10:56 pm

New members who respect the film are always nice. One thing that I havnt read in any of the post on this board is bashing of the film which is great. I hope that it never comes down to that.

lipmystocking

#13 Post by lipmystocking » Tue May 10, 2005 2:27 am

Ya....Charlotte staring out the taxi cab with the reflection of colorful city lights on the window....MBV fuzz in the backround....what must have been Charlotte's thought's at that paticular moment...Hmm?

LITobsession
Park Hyatt Regular

#14 Post by LITobsession » Tue May 10, 2005 1:24 pm

Where exactly do you find the link to the "Night Windows" site?
I'm still lost...

ForRelaxingTimes
Charlie Brown

#15 Post by ForRelaxingTimes » Tue May 10, 2005 4:09 pm

it's right on this website :). weareawake.org then click the LIT links, scroll to the bottom and there you are. I have alot of pics from there saved as my screensaver :D
"For Relaxing Times...Make it Suntory Times."

"I'm organizing a prison break..."

findingcharlotte
Charlie Brown

#16 Post by findingcharlotte » Mon May 23, 2005 12:32 am

lipmystocking wrote:Ya....Charlotte staring out the taxi cab with the reflection of colorful city lights on the window....MBV fuzz in the backround....what must have been Charlotte's thought's at that paticular moment...Hmm?

longing..fatigue..confusion..Being half awake always takes you to a place thats hard to describe..In the haze she was seeing and feeling there must have been a confusing elation at having touched this soul that now slept beside her. Sometimes by My Bloody Valentine could not have been a more perfect song for this moment in the film.
Call me if you get lost...

" before we go, Im not as brave as I told you.."

Autumn Child
Philosopher

#17 Post by Autumn Child » Thu Aug 11, 2005 4:32 pm

jml98 wrote:
Chicken wrote:
quote]

wow that must be amazing.

i shuld try that just when im out in the car with someone when its dark, but it wont have such a dramatic effect as somewhere like that...
:)

find me at www.talkrpg.tk

ForRelaxingTimes
Charlie Brown

#18 Post by ForRelaxingTimes » Thu Aug 11, 2005 5:12 pm

There is no words to desribe that scene... It gave me that "feeling" in my stomach, that seldom happens especially with movies. It is difficult to tell what Charlotte was thinking... either she was admiring the scenery or she was in deep thought of the night that had transpired.

Well I know what I am doing the next time I drive through a big city like that :D

Autumn Child
Philosopher

#19 Post by Autumn Child » Thu Aug 11, 2005 5:15 pm

ForRelaxingTimes wrote:There is no words to desribe that scene... It gave me that "feeling" in my stomach, that seldom happens especially with movies. It is difficult to tell what Charlotte was thinking... either she was admiring the scenery or she was in deep thought of the night that had transpired.

I am going to try that whenever I drive through a big city next :D

ive done it listening to The Light by David Gray, you should try it - i got a wrenching feeling in my stomach it was wierd, kinda like watching Lost in Translation... :D

find me at www.talkrpg.tk

ForRelaxingTimes
Charlie Brown

#20 Post by ForRelaxingTimes » Thu Aug 11, 2005 7:32 pm

will do :) -- I think I have heard that song before, do you know what cd it is on?