hah, A mistake I found...

Discuss the fabulous movie Lost In Translation!

Moderator: Bob

jml98
Asleep

#21 Post by jml98 » Mon May 16, 2005 8:25 pm

they're nuts

wiggle
Lounge Singer

#22 Post by wiggle » Wed May 18, 2005 2:23 pm

I thought it was some kind of drink.
Where the hell's the whiskey?

Suntory
For Relaxing Times Make It Suntory Time!

#23 Post by Suntory » Thu May 19, 2005 11:31 pm

Yea I thought it was either saki or miso soup that she sent him!!!

As for her recognizing him maybe she did just brushed it off or didnt recognize him in the elevator and only later realized it was HIM! :)

A moment of silence
Suntory Time

#24 Post by A moment of silence » Thu Oct 13, 2005 9:10 pm

The film was shot in 27 days which is wow! a short time, but the outcome of those days of work is amazing. Other movies shot with more time have tons of errors...
What I found was that in the script I downloaded there was a better chronological orded of things. For example, the call Charlotte does to Lauren comes after she does Ikebana with the ladies in the Hotel because she mentions in the call: "I even tried Ikebana", but she did not until she met Kelly. I don't remember others but I know some scenes were moved from place to place and somehow they did not need to. However, it is not of much importance because the movie turned out to be great no matter what. :wink:
Nothing is more beautiful than something that will not last

LostCalls
Lounge Singer

#25 Post by LostCalls » Mon Feb 05, 2007 10:44 pm

This thread is old, and perhaps people have already noticed this little slip in filming... but it seems to me that the first time we see the New York Bar, we hear the piano playing before the pianist actually gets his hands to the keyboard. (The song is the one that begins "I'm in your aaaarms..." I think it's called The Dream is Gone??) It's a little hard to notice this mismatch of audio and video because we're only seeing the pianist in a relatively wide shot, but I think we hear the first few notes of the song before he actually plays them...

ForRelaxingTimes
Charlie Brown

#26 Post by ForRelaxingTimes » Tue Feb 06, 2007 11:14 am

I don't think I have noticed that, I will look for it the next time I watch it. Keep em' coming. :D
"For Relaxing Times...Make it Suntory Times."

"I'm organizing a prison break..."

Pitman
Suntory Time

#27 Post by Pitman » Mon Feb 12, 2007 1:36 am

Yep..I noticed that. :-)

Bren
Ikebana Fan

#28 Post by Bren » Wed Apr 25, 2007 4:47 pm

Well, you must certainly be paying attention for you to spot these mistakes. :lol: Personally, I don't like looking for them because it just messes things when it comes to believing the story, and for the duration of the film, forgetting its not real.
"Everyone wants to be found."

Pitman
Suntory Time

#29 Post by Pitman » Thu Apr 26, 2007 8:00 am

Bren I know what you mean. But sometimes you just can't help but notice these inconsistencies, especially after multiple viewings. Like when Bob puts Charlotte to bed after karaoke, and her midrift is showing, shot to Bob, then back to Charlotte, and the shirt is pulled down now. They are minor, but they plague all films during shooting. I don't think there is one film you could watch from beginning to end that has not one inconsistency. I don't let it detract from my enjoyment of the movie.

Bren
Ikebana Fan

#30 Post by Bren » Thu Apr 26, 2007 12:01 pm

Pitman wrote:Bren I know what you mean. But sometimes you just can't help but notice these inconsistencies, especially after multiple viewings. Like when Bob puts Charlotte to bed after karaoke, and her midrift is showing, shot to Bob, then back to Charlotte, and the shirt is pulled down now. They are minor, but they plague all films during shooting. I don't think there is one film you could watch from beginning to end that has not one inconsistency. I don't let it detract from my enjoyment of the movie.
Aye I understand. At least they're just little things, not serious mistakes or whatever. :)
"Everyone wants to be found."