Play It Again Sam...er um...I mean Charlotte!!!

Discuss the fabulous movie Lost In Translation!

Moderator: Bob

Play It Again Sam...er um...I mean Charlotte!!!

#1 Post by Guest » Wed May 25, 2005 11:14 am

I thought it would be fun for people to add a reply to this post after each time they watch the movie again and keep a running tally.

Ok, I'm first.
I just watched it again yesterday!
:D

ForRelaxingTimes
Charlie Brown

#2 Post by ForRelaxingTimes » Wed May 25, 2005 1:15 pm

well I can't go back to the first that would be impossible to count lol -- I'll just start it from here 1 :D
"For Relaxing Times...Make it Suntory Times."

"I'm organizing a prison break..."

You Make it Easy
Charlie Brown

#3 Post by You Make it Easy » Wed May 25, 2005 3:41 pm

I watched it yesturday too after a terrible day. Believe it or not, I had close to that same feeling we all had after we watched the film the first couple of times. It made that whole day completely worth while after watching LIT again.
Waiting to be found...

jml98
Asleep

#4 Post by jml98 » Sat May 28, 2005 4:14 am

i've seen it so many times; i know it so well. Sometimes I'll go back and watch some of my favorite scenes (bed convo, Kyoto scene, goodbye scene) but not the whole movie. It's werid...i still get an emotional response even if i just randomly watch one scene without watching stuff before it. I don't really watch all 1 hr, 41 min. of it at once anymore, but i think i will have to soon...haven't done that in a while.

anyways, if you want to count how many times i've watched all of it at once, i'd estimate about 10-15. If you add the times i just watch certain scenes, i'm talking about 30+ times now (and that's a conservative guess, i would say)...i love this movie!!

KKDallas
Ikebana Fan

#5 Post by KKDallas » Sun May 29, 2005 1:44 pm

I watched it last night, after midnight, after the kids and DG were fast asleep and the house was quiet. It was "like an old friend"... :wink:

I've seen it once in the theater and countless times on DVD. I've had the DVD since it came out in February, 2004.

Kathy

Malkav
Tourist

#6 Post by Malkav » Mon Jun 27, 2005 4:48 pm

I've just done it again :oops: I feel guilty :lol:
Vivere nolunt, et mori nesciunt.

findingcharlotte
Charlie Brown

#7 Post by findingcharlotte » Mon Jul 04, 2005 1:13 am

Its been a while..but I fall asleep each night thinking of a different scene from the movie...its like visiting an old friend...gives you some peace as you drop off to sleep
Call me if you get lost...

" before we go, Im not as brave as I told you.."

preciouswhile
Mr. Kazo sent me

#8 Post by preciouswhile » Tue Aug 02, 2005 2:43 am

Just finished.

As wonderful as ever.

I needed it.

Also, I completely forgot about the girl waving goodbye after the credits until I saw it just now.

pohleonguk
Wide Awake

#9 Post by pohleonguk » Mon Aug 15, 2005 9:43 pm

Yay just watched it again :) I aint posted or visited here in a while either :) Now to find myself some suntory whisky! lol

Just Like Honey...
Suntory Time

#10 Post by Just Like Honey... » Mon Aug 15, 2005 10:07 pm

It's been about 6 months since I've watched the full movie, and I'm about to embark on that journey now... I'll keep you posted.

**EDIT** Fell asleep again... maybe I should pick an earlier time to watch such a calming film
I'd rather be a gear in a big, deterministic, physical machine than just some random swerving.

Malkav
Tourist

#11 Post by Malkav » Sat Sep 10, 2005 8:18 pm

Once again. This time on my new PSP :-P
Vivere nolunt, et mori nesciunt.

I65
Inactive/Deleted user

#12 Post by I65 » Sat Oct 08, 2005 12:51 am

I watched it tonight for the first time in several months. I'm away from home in a hotel for a family get together this weekend. My husband is at work and couldn't join me, so I thought it was a perfect night to watch it, and it was. Such a beautiful movie.

Sairen
Lost In Jet Lag

#13 Post by Sairen » Tue Nov 08, 2005 6:15 pm

I haven't watched the movie for over a year now... I just cannot harm myself!? Don't get me wrong! I really think it is the best movie, the best story, the best thing ever made. It just makes me feel so sad and somehow depressed! I really do not dare to watch it again. Unfortunately some friends want me to watch it with them but this is kind of impossible! If I watch it, I'm gonna watch it alone. What do you guys think? :cry:

jm
Inactive/Deleted user

#14 Post by jm » Tue Nov 08, 2005 11:44 pm

"[quote:e30f51b68e="Sairen"]I haven't watched the movie for over a year now... I just cannot harm myself!? Don't get me wrong! I really think it is the best movie, the best story, the best [i:e30f51b68e]thing[/i:e30f51b68e] ever made. It just makes me feel so sad and somehow depressed! I really do not dare to watch it again. Unfortunately some friends want me to watch it with them but this is kind of impossible! If I watch it, I'm gonna watch it alone. What do you guys think? :cry:[/quote:e30f51b68e]
I am happy after watching the movie, because people who are like me are a bit rare, and they seem to be; and because they're okay with what happened, and can see it in a way that brings them joy, even though it is bittersweet."
Last edited by jm on Sat Feb 17, 2007 12:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.

adrien950
Japanese Surfer

#15 Post by adrien950 » Wed Nov 09, 2005 2:13 am

Sairen wrote: Unfortunately some friends want me to watch it with them but this is kind of impossible! If I watch it, I'm gonna watch it alone. What do you guys think? :cry:
I highly recommend you view it again...alone. I have watched this film both alone and with a group of friends and from my experience, to get the full effect from this film, It's best viewed alone.
Maybe I feel this way because my friends didn't "get the point of this movie." I might feel differently viewing the movie with like-minded people. :)

preciouswhile
Mr. Kazo sent me

#16 Post by preciouswhile » Fri Nov 11, 2005 1:18 am

adrien950 wrote: I might feel differently viewing the movie with like-minded people.
The simul-views I've attended have been a perfect example of just such a scenario, even though you're not technically "with" them. I imagine that if we were all actually together in one room it would be much the same.

Edit: Minus the server crashes, of course :wink:

A moment of silence
Suntory Time

#17 Post by A moment of silence » Tue Dec 06, 2005 9:28 pm

Saw it on sunday!! :D
****** it had snowed and the streets were quiet...a perfect timing. 8)
Nothing is more beautiful than something that will not last

pohleonguk
Wide Awake

#18 Post by pohleonguk » Sat Jan 07, 2006 6:19 pm

Watched it today after I found one person in real life that loves it as much as I do! :P

NegraModelo
Traveler

#19 Post by NegraModelo » Thu Mar 30, 2006 10:52 am

I watched it on Tuesday, (during work) HAHA!
Also, I watched the entire special features last night before I went to sleep.
I think I watched Matthews's Hit TV segment 3 or 4 times! "Oooh Brig Supriiiiise!" LMAO!
"If you need to use any of my skills, I can do whatever you want."

I65
Inactive/Deleted user

#20 Post by I65 » Thu Mar 30, 2006 12:03 pm

lol the one thing that I haven't seem to have found is someone who LOVES Bill Murray's dance to "Allison" in the special features. I can honestly say I have watched that dance more than the movie or any other partof the dvd. It is just so sweet and funny!