The Official Website

Discuss the fabulous movie Lost In Translation!

Moderator: Bob

WhoFeelsLove
Lounge Singer

The Official Website

#1 Post by WhoFeelsLove » Fri Jul 01, 2005 9:35 pm

What a great website first of all..love how the music is playing and it just really makes me want to watch the movie again, which I will once more before I leave for Ohio State in the fall.

However, don't you wish there were a place for fans to interact there? I mean I know we have this great website, but most other movie websites or band websites have places for fans to interact like a message board or something like that.

It seems like the official LIT website is a time capsule or something with no updates or places for people to talk.
mike

jml98
Asleep

#2 Post by jml98 » Sun Jul 03, 2005 1:44 am

maybe it would be cool to have a link to this site on that website...the problem may be that we'll get a lot of IMDB-type anti LiT people...but then again, why would those people visit the official website in the first place? I dunno...thoughts?

WhoFeelsLove
Lounge Singer

#3 Post by WhoFeelsLove » Sun Jul 03, 2005 8:28 am

i think that's a great idea..but i wouldn't know how to go about doing that.

i mean, they don't update it at all and that's part of why it's so unfortunate.
mike

You Make it Easy
Charlie Brown

#4 Post by You Make it Easy » Sun Jul 03, 2005 11:26 am

e-mail the webmaster. I'm sure he or she has their e-mail address on the site somewhere.
Waiting to be found...

jml98
Asleep

#5 Post by jml98 » Mon Jul 04, 2005 7:39 pm

maybe the great Bob could email the webmaster as well...? :D

WhoFeelsLove
Lounge Singer

#6 Post by WhoFeelsLove » Tue Jul 05, 2005 11:04 am

jml98 wrote:maybe the great Bob could email the webmaster as well...? :D
i'm just thinking about how much the board could grow because of it. that would be fantastic.
mike

#7 Post by Guest » Wed Jul 06, 2005 1:02 am

Wow sounds like a great idea and thanks for the vote of confidence.
However you overestimate my influence beyond this board. :shock:
I'm not sure I as much as anyone else could get any updates to that
site at this point. I can't even tell who is the webmaster from looking
at the site. At this point they probably just have it up there as a billboard
and don't even think about it.
But heck it could be worth a try if anyone can figure out who to email over there, we could all send some email!

I have optimized the site for search engines yet this site at least in google remains far down the list and doesnt even show up
in the first 20 doing a basic search. What this means is that this site
in order to be recognized more by search engines needs links from
other websites. So if you have a website or a blog or post in other
movie forums, a little linkage goes a long way!!! Thanks!

jml98
Asleep

#8 Post by jml98 » Wed Jul 06, 2005 1:06 am

Bob wrote:So if you have a website or a blog or post in other
movie forums, a little linkage goes a long way!!! Thanks!
With one exception - IMDB. Please don't post it in there, i don't want them to spill into our community...

Azshi
Evelyn Waugh

#9 Post by Azshi » Thu Jul 07, 2005 9:48 pm

Ouch! Even "We Are Awake Lost in Translation" or "Lost in Translation Fan Site" doesn't pull us up early!
I know google checks cross-links from other sites, but do you know if they track activity from other message boards? Maybe if we had a link banner we could attach in other forum sigs...

jml98
Asleep

#10 Post by jml98 » Sat Jul 09, 2005 5:47 pm

I have mixed emotions...I like how small the community is, as it allows for closer, more intimate relationships, if you will, between the members here (and I think that at least some of the members feel this way as well). But at the same time, I wouldn't like to exclude those that love the movie but haven't found an alternative outlet to IMDB to express their thoughts and feelings. If this board is to stay alive (awake)_ and active, we need new members to post their fresh ideas, because even our most avid posters seem to be falling asleep...I know i have seen my "posts per day" average drop in recent weeks...

#11 Post by Guest » Sun Jul 10, 2005 11:15 am

First I know that search engines like google and yahoo change their search algorithms so that a site that showed up in the top 10 one month goes out the next. This site used to show up in the top ten on yahoo and now it doesn't. On the other hand I have another site which is pretty thin compared to this one about a tv show and it's always in the top ten and probably has very few links to it. So go figure.

Second, I think it's natural for a community where the topic is very narrow like this to have an ebb and flow where sometimes there are more posts and other times not much going on. So don't worry about it, new people who come here have an abundance of material to catch up on which is great. This place will always be here for when people want to visit! Maybe I'll add a new topic where people can talk about film in general and maybe tv. Two of my favorite topics! :)

52FM
Inactive/Deleted user

#12 Post by 52FM » Mon Jul 11, 2005 5:16 pm

I did a search on "Lost in Translation fansite" and got an obsure link that contained a link to the old "are you awake" site - which of course now brings you here.

Also - are you linked in any of the many Scarlet and / or Bill Murray fansites?

You Make it Easy
Charlie Brown

#13 Post by You Make it Easy » Tue Jul 12, 2005 7:36 am

How about e-mailing the webmaster of www.scarlettjohansson.org and ask for a link off their site. That site getst a good amount of hits.
Waiting to be found...