What happened to the old site?

Discuss the fabulous movie Lost In Translation!

Moderator: Bob

adl618
Lost In Jet Lag

What happened to the old site?

#1 Post by adl618 » Wed May 19, 2004 8:10 pm

Hi All, What happened to the old site, and when did it come down? Its a real pity all the old forum entries are lost. And has anyone tried to contact the woman who put the web site on the new areyouawake.org ? Is that the same person who had the LiT web site? Seems to be, the new site saiys she is an English student.

#2 Post by Guest » Wed May 19, 2004 11:45 pm

Hi adl618! No one knows. That's life on the internet. Welcome the new LIT fan site and forum! We welcome your participation!

Bob

phillygalinutah
Lounge Singer

Re: What Happened to the Old Site

#3 Post by phillygalinutah » Thu May 20, 2004 6:20 pm

The webmaster of the old site was the English major married woman, Chrissy, from Ohio.

I caught her site as she was transitioning from the Are you Awake link to her new site. She had a disclaimer sayig she had moved on, and asked LIT fans to remove their link to her web site.

She set up the site because LIT moved her so intensely, but I think between her school work and getting on with life, she didn't have time to continue to administer the site for LIT fans. :cry:

I'm unsure if she's aware of the new site. :?:

silver

Retrieving audio from the old site

#4 Post by silver » Fri Sep 03, 2004 10:10 pm

Does anyone have any knowledge of how to obtain Bill Murray's Golden Globe acceptance speech that had been on the old site?

I was able to copy it months back, but since the site folded when I click on 'my favorites', it just says page cannot be found.

Suggestions? I do have it on VHS but would like to have it on the computer as well. Thanks for any ideas.

silver

Bill Murray's Golden Globe speech

#5 Post by silver » Fri Sep 03, 2004 10:15 pm

Just a clarification -

I am not looking for the printed speech - it's the mp3 audio that I had copied a while back. I know the speech by heart. It's the audio I'm after.

Thanks again.

#6 Post by Guest » Sun Sep 05, 2004 2:19 pm

I have uploaded two versions to the site:

HiFi 2.5mb:
http://www.weareawake.org/billmurraygglobes2003.mp3

LoFi 1mb:
http://www.weareawake.org/billmurraygol ... h-lofi.mp3

There really isnt much discernible difference in the sound quality of either one.

To save it to your hard drive simply right click on the link and save target as. . .

silver

Thanks for the audio!!

#7 Post by silver » Mon Sep 06, 2004 2:08 pm

Thank you so much for the Bill Murray Golden Globe audio. He is priceless and so spontaneous in his reply. It was a pleasure to see him at the various award ceremonies, especially the IFC where he again won and addressed the audience.

How I would have given anything to hear an Oscar acceptance speech from him. Well...maybe this year.

jml98
Asleep

#8 Post by jml98 » Thu Nov 11, 2004 9:27 pm

an interesting note about the speech (although if you are a bill murray fan you might know already...) Bill jokes that he fired his agents and his physical trainer killed himself....except that Bill really did fire his agent and his physical trainer really did kill himself...thats kinda mean tho isn't it? maybe he can joke about firing his agent, but someone dies and he uses it to get a laugh...i dunno...