More infinite questions

Discuss the fabulous movie Lost In Translation!

Moderator: Bob

A moment of silence
Suntory Time

More infinite questions

#1 Post by A moment of silence » Mon Oct 10, 2005 9:49 pm

I love this scene when Bob is about to shave but before he does he looks at himself in the mirror, there was a prior scene right after Charlotte offers him a drink at the Bar where he also stares at his reflection on the doors of the elevator. How was this staring essential to the film or Bob? My guess is he looks at himself and thinks he's old and Charlotte is just so young and still there is some chemistry between them. :?:
Oh, and now that I'm here the day when Bob went to the Jonny Carson of Japan's show he had a note of Charlotte's -- were they going to meet the next day? Or that same day? Because the next day she knocks on his door talking about the sushi place I assumed it was the same as the note..
(As you all can see I haven't watched the film a lot) :roll:
Nothing is more beautiful than something that will not last

findingcharlotte
Charlie Brown

#2 Post by findingcharlotte » Mon Oct 10, 2005 10:05 pm

Your first impressions are great....:-)

My impression with the elevator door reflection was that ...he was just noticed by " an attractive younger woman " at a bar..( Charlotte ) .so he was perhaps looking for what she saw ...( " Ive still got it " ) kind of look..

No doubt at all Charlotte was the only reason Bob sacrificed himself to that " show " ..( by the way , that TV show was funny to watch as an entire segment on the DVD extras )
Call me if you get lost...

" before we go, Im not as brave as I told you.."

Congruous
Suntory Time

#3 Post by Congruous » Tue Oct 11, 2005 2:50 pm

Yeah, FC, the "Johnny Carson" bit is sort of sad when taken in the context of the movie. But seen in its entirety, it is hilarious, and Bob handles himself well.