How Many Times Have You Seen LiT?

Discuss the fabulous movie Lost In Translation!

Moderator: Bob

adrien950
Japanese Surfer

#21 Post by adrien950 » Wed May 10, 2006 1:47 pm

It's funny, I recently bought an IPod and the first thing that went into it was the LIT soundtrack. Whenever I put it on in the car, my wife falls asleep--she finds the music relaxing.....for me when I hear it, I become awake and yes...I still get that "feeling" every single time I hear it. :)

Flyonthewall
WooHoo Guy

#22 Post by Flyonthewall » Wed May 10, 2006 2:42 pm

Wow... seems we're all of one mind lol..

Squarepusher definitely hit the mark with "Tommib". And the Jesus and Mary Chain song at the end gives me that "feeling" as well. Hell, the whole Soundtrack, even "Too Young" gives me that "feeling" cuz I'm there, seeing them dance around and smoking weed in that apartment.. lol :roll:
"...Stay here, with me...."

The Search for Charlotte continues....

Pitman
Suntory Time

#23 Post by Pitman » Wed May 10, 2006 3:43 pm

Have you tried listening to anything else from Squarepusher? Man, that stuff is hard to listen too. It's mostly frantic electronic music.

mothling
LIT Super Fan

#24 Post by mothling » Wed May 10, 2006 4:37 pm

I have never heard anything else by Squarepusher.

Am I the only one who assumed that almost every track from the soundtrack (upon viewing the film) was done by the same group or person? I was quite shocked to find that there were a great many different groups and persons who made different songs on the soundtrack. As they all have the same kind of ethereal, blurry "Tokyo" sound to them. Kudos to Sofia on that part for finding all these different tracks with the same qualities and feel to them.
i know that diamonds mean money for this art, but that's not the shape of my heart.

Flyonthewall
WooHoo Guy

#25 Post by Flyonthewall » Thu May 11, 2006 2:50 pm

Pitman wrote:Have you tried listening to anything else from Squarepusher? Man, that stuff is hard to listen too. It's mostly frantic electronic music.
heh I gotta admit that I haven't. I may try to just to have the experience tho.
"...Stay here, with me...."

The Search for Charlotte continues....

Pitman
Suntory Time

#26 Post by Pitman » Tue May 16, 2006 6:54 pm

mothling wrote:I have never heard anything else by Squarepusher.

Am I the only one who assumed that almost every track from the soundtrack (upon viewing the film) was done by the same group or person? I was quite shocked to find that there were a great many different groups and persons who made different songs on the soundtrack. As they all have the same kind of ethereal, blurry "Tokyo" sound to them. Kudos to Sofia on that part for finding all these different tracks with the same qualities and feel to them.
The soundtrack was selected with great intuitiveness to fit all together perfectly for the movie.

I think you may have been the only one though! :lol:

findingcharlotte
Charlie Brown

#27 Post by findingcharlotte » Wed May 17, 2006 1:18 am

I loved the use of My Bloody Valentine in the soundtrack.......thats a mystical sequence
Call me if you get lost...

" before we go, Im not as brave as I told you.."

Pitman
Suntory Time

#28 Post by Pitman » Wed May 17, 2006 2:16 am

findingcharlotte wrote:I loved the use of My Bloody Valentine in the soundtrack.......thats a mystical sequence
That ride home in the taxi cab was magical. The lights of Tokyo, the new soulful connection made at Karaoke, the whole ambience was just so moving. The haunting echo of that song as Bob carries Charlotte to her room is just brilliant.

mothling
LIT Super Fan

#29 Post by mothling » Thu May 18, 2006 10:26 am

Pitman wrote:I think you may have been the only one though! :lol:
:oops:

heee.

Just a bit of randomness here, but I was shocked and appalled one night the other week when I was playing the LiT soundtrack whilst I had some friends over and one of them called it "depressing" !
i know that diamonds mean money for this art, but that's not the shape of my heart.

Beery
LIT Super Fan

#30 Post by Beery » Thu May 18, 2006 12:25 pm

mothling wrote:Just a bit of randomness here, but I was shocked and appalled one night the other week when I was playing the LiT soundtrack whilst I had some friends over and one of them called it "depressing" !
My wife says the whole movie is depressing. I guess I can understand that point of view, because it is slow-moving and its messages are somewhat subtle and complex. But all-in-all I reckon it's uplifting.
You want more mysterious? I'll just try and think, "Where the hell's the whiskey?"

Pitman
Suntory Time

#31 Post by Pitman » Fri May 19, 2006 12:26 pm

It's interesting to see how the movie and soundtrack effects different people. I don't think any of us would consider it depressing. It's sad and lonely in parts, but overall, it's very uplifting.

I think the best one word description I've heard so far is: sublime.

Congruous
Suntory Time

#32 Post by Congruous » Fri May 19, 2006 2:33 pm

It's sort of triumphant to me. It's like the two of them cleared a hurdle.
"Are there no more arrows left?"

mothling
LIT Super Fan

#33 Post by mothling » Fri May 19, 2006 3:38 pm

The soundtrack to me feels very dreamlike. It almosts reminds me of childlike sometimes, as though to show the characters childlike innocence to the whole Tokyo lifestyle. It really feels this way at the very beginning when Bob is looking out the car window at the neon signs. It really gives off this "... wooww" feeling of awe.

dbm
Traveler

#34 Post by dbm » Fri May 19, 2006 3:42 pm

What's the soundtrack to LIT?
"The more you know who you are, and what you want, the less you let things upset you."

Too Young
Wide Awake

#35 Post by Too Young » Sat Jun 01, 2013 12:00 pm

I think I must of seen it about 15 times now I love it.
I try and watch it a couple of times a year, last time I watched it after finishing it I went back to the beginning and just started watching it again.