LiT Dreams??

Discuss the fabulous movie Lost In Translation!

Moderator: Bob

mothling
LIT Super Fan

LiT Dreams??

#1 Post by mothling » Fri May 19, 2006 6:57 am

I think I must be reaching an insanity point with liking this film as last night I actually dreamed that I visited the Park Hyatt.
Sadly though, it was a little different. It mostly took place in corridors and hallways and they were all just random looking, but I did go up onto the roof of the hotel (is that even possible in the real hotel?) and took some pictures of the surrounding city lights. Bill Murray was even there. :)

What about you guys, ever had a LiT related dream?
i know that diamonds mean money for this art, but that's not the shape of my heart.

You Make it Easy
Charlie Brown

#2 Post by You Make it Easy » Fri May 19, 2006 9:33 am

No I havnt but I had a crazy dream this morning that there were 2 tripods from War of the Worlds after me, it was crazy.
Waiting to be found...

dbm
Traveler

#3 Post by dbm » Fri May 19, 2006 12:20 pm

I wish I could have an LIT related dream.

Pitman
Suntory Time

#4 Post by Pitman » Fri May 19, 2006 12:29 pm

Dreams are fascinating. Although I have not had an LiT dream as of yet, I would gladly welcome one. Perhaps I could germinate one by asking my subconscious before I go to bed to have such an experience. I'd like to relive the Karaoke night with Bob and Charlotte.

dbm
Traveler

#5 Post by dbm » Fri May 19, 2006 12:36 pm

Pitman wrote:Dreams are fascinating. Although I have not had an LiT dream as of yet, I would gladly welcome one. Perhaps I could germinate one by asking my subconscious before I go to bed to have such an experience. I'd like to relive the Karaoke night with Bob and Charlotte.
Same. I'll try it tonight :P.

Flyonthewall
WooHoo Guy

#6 Post by Flyonthewall » Fri May 19, 2006 3:45 pm

Pitman wrote:Dreams are fascinating. Although I have not had an LiT dream as of yet, I would gladly welcome one. Perhaps I could germinate one by asking my subconscious before I go to bed to have such an experience. I'd like to relive the Karaoke night with Bob and Charlotte.
Interesting.. I'll ask my subconcsious for the same experience then :D or be with Charlotte in the bar after the fire alarm.. heh.. the things I'd tell her.. :roll:
"...Stay here, with me...."

The Search for Charlotte continues....

dbm
Traveler

#7 Post by dbm » Sat May 20, 2006 11:32 am

Didn't work for me.

I didn't have a dream. The last time I had a dream, I was about 12(now I'm 17) :(.
"The more you know who you are, and what you want, the less you let things upset you."

mothling
LIT Super Fan

#8 Post by mothling » Sun May 21, 2006 9:03 am

dbm, good lord its been 5 years since you last dreamt? Poor thing. I love having dreams. they often prove, to me at least, very influential when it comes to producing some artwork.
i know that diamonds mean money for this art, but that's not the shape of my heart.

Lochlain
Alone in Kyoto

#9 Post by Lochlain » Wed Jun 14, 2006 1:56 am

this is sick...
I don't think I want that kind of a dream. Waking up will be devastating.

Just Like Honey...
Suntory Time

Re: LiT Dreams??

#10 Post by Just Like Honey... » Wed Jun 14, 2006 9:52 am

mothling wrote:What about you guys, ever had a LiT related dream?
I wish.
I'd rather be a gear in a big, deterministic, physical machine than just some random swerving.

Pitman
Suntory Time

#11 Post by Pitman » Thu Jun 15, 2006 7:50 am

I keep getting this idea for a book...it's a fantasy I guess...where a fan of LiT somehow gets pulled into the actual place and time where Bob and Charlotte are living out their Tokyo week-long experience. The fan knows now that he (or she) has become another character in the book/movie. And this fan also knows what is about to happen to the characters, where the story is heading. He also knows that by his interraction he can alter the outcome of the story. As a fan he adores the whole experience, but he can't help feeling that his interactions will spoil the experience. And yet, he has been thrust into that story to interact and alter the storyline.

What would he do and say?

Alathal
Traveler

#12 Post by Alathal » Fri Jun 16, 2006 9:15 pm

Sounds like a great movie! You can get Tobe Maguire to play the new character! :wink:

mothling
LIT Super Fan

#13 Post by mothling » Thu Jun 29, 2006 9:14 am

Alathal wrote:Sounds like a great movie! You can get Tobey Maguire to play the new character! :wink:
Bit of a random choice there! hehe

Pitman; that sounds like an interesting concept. Are you a writer?

jm
Inactive/Deleted user

#14 Post by jm » Thu Jun 29, 2006 9:41 pm

I dreamed that no one really got what I was saying, and some people thought I was "so mean"... Is that an LIT dream? :(
Last edited by jm on Sat Feb 17, 2007 10:56 am, edited 1 time in total.

mothling
LIT Super Fan

#15 Post by mothling » Fri Jun 30, 2006 4:13 pm

johnmonkey wrote:I dreamed that no one really got what I was saying, and some people thought I was "so mean"... Is that an LIT dream? :(
Let's pretend it is :)

jm
Inactive/Deleted user

#16 Post by jm » Fri Jun 30, 2006 6:20 pm

(deleted)
Last edited by jm on Sat Feb 17, 2007 10:56 am, edited 1 time in total.

Bob_san
Site Admin

#17 Post by Bob_san » Fri Jun 30, 2006 7:21 pm

johnmonkey wrote:I dreamed that no one really got what I was saying, and some people thought I was "so mean"... Is that an LIT dream? :(
What would Spock think? Would that be....logical?! :D

I think once I did have a dream about being in the Park Hyatt.
The Lost in Translation Fan Site
http://www.weareawake.org