Perfect Timing

Discuss the fabulous movie Lost In Translation!

Moderator: Bob

Post Reply
Message
Author
User avatar
Mercenary Sora
Awake
Posts: 15
Joined: Thu Jun 15, 2006 11:24 pm

Perfect Timing

#1 Post by Mercenary Sora » Tue Jun 27, 2006 11:50 am

I just can't get over the music in Lost In Translation. It just amazes me how perfect the music strikes the mood. All the music that is played is at perfect time. In other movies you hear it and don't really pay attention, but in LiT, you can't but help to listen. I love the soundtrack!

User avatar
You Make it Easy
Charlie Brown
Posts: 100
Joined: Fri Apr 15, 2005 9:35 am
Contact:

#2 Post by You Make it Easy » Tue Jun 27, 2006 12:01 pm

Personally I pay attention to about every score in a movie. The score can make or break a film easy, but yah LIT has a unique ST. Ive disliked good movies simply because the music didnt fit in at certian points. Just my opinion
Waiting to be found...

Congruous
Suntory Time
Posts: 388
Joined: Wed Jun 08, 2005 2:59 pm

#3 Post by Congruous » Tue Jun 27, 2006 12:32 pm

"The Big Chill" is another movie with a good soundtrack.
"Are there no more arrows left?"

User avatar
Mercenary Sora
Awake
Posts: 15
Joined: Thu Jun 15, 2006 11:24 pm

#4 Post by Mercenary Sora » Wed Jun 28, 2006 10:38 pm

Never heard of it. I really enjoyed every single song on Lost In Translation, which is rare for me, liking all songs on a movie soundtrack.

User avatar
kite
LIT Super Fan
Posts: 53
Joined: Thu Apr 20, 2006 6:10 pm

#5 Post by kite » Wed Jun 28, 2006 11:26 pm

Yeah, everytime i pop in theLost In Translation Soundtrack, I start having a mind orgasm :)

User avatar
Mercenary Sora
Awake
Posts: 15
Joined: Thu Jun 15, 2006 11:24 pm

#6 Post by Mercenary Sora » Fri Jun 30, 2006 12:30 am

O gosh, you don't even know, everything around me dissolves when i hear the music, it's just me and the music. If I'm watching the movie then me, movie, and music.
Image

User avatar
Flyonthewall
WooHoo Guy
Posts: 153
Joined: Sat Mar 25, 2006 4:57 am
Location: Los Angeles, CA

#7 Post by Flyonthewall » Sat Jul 01, 2006 4:42 am

Mercenary Sora wrote:O gosh, you don't even know, everything around me dissolves when i hear the music, it's just me and the music. If I'm watching the movie then me, movie, and music.
The music does draw you in. I added the Chemical Brother's "State we're In" as well as "More than this", etc. to the LIT block I have on my MP3 player. Everytime I hear that song, I keep thinking about them going out into the town, having a blast, and the subsequent connection that came out of the Karaoke time. I've always envied Bob (even though he's a fictional movie character) because he got found and connected with Charlotte. :wink:
"...Stay here, with me...."

The Search for Charlotte continues....

User avatar
Pitman
Suntory Time
Posts: 408
Joined: Sun Apr 30, 2006 9:12 am
Location: Toronto

#8 Post by Pitman » Sat Jul 01, 2006 8:52 pm

I couldn't agree more. The soundtrack is simply perfect. When My Bloody Valentine comes on during the cab ride home, it's so hypnotic. I sooo love that scene...watching the Rainbow bridge from afar in the cab, then getting closer, then turning onto it. Wow. Breathless. It so captures the mood. Then, how it softly echoes in the hotel hallway when Bob is carrying Charlotte back to her room. Wow again, ultimate wow factor for me. Just perfect.

An example of soundtrack I did not like was for Broken Flowers, another Bill Murray movie which I really anticipated to be a great film, but I found fell short. The soundtrack was actually redundant.

User avatar
Mercenary Sora
Awake
Posts: 15
Joined: Thu Jun 15, 2006 11:24 pm

#9 Post by Mercenary Sora » Sat Jul 15, 2006 1:49 am

I can honestly say that when Too Young by Phoniex comes on all the emotions come out. I so wish I was in Tokyo, Japan with a friend, partying like Bob and Charolette and having a blast with all those Japanese people!!! I want it to much, that to get as close as I can I listen to the darn song on my iPod all the time, lol.

(I also can't wait because I am going to Japan from summer of 2007 to summer of 2008, so happy!! :D :D :D )
Image

User avatar
Flyonthewall
WooHoo Guy
Posts: 153
Joined: Sat Mar 25, 2006 4:57 am
Location: Los Angeles, CA

#10 Post by Flyonthewall » Sat Jul 15, 2006 1:23 pm

Mercenary Sora wrote:I can honestly say that when Too Young by Phoniex comes on all the emotions come out. I so wish I was in Tokyo, Japan with a friend, partying like Bob and Charolette and having a blast with all those Japanese people!!! I want it to much, that to get as close as I can I listen to the darn song on my iPod all the time, lol.

(I also can't wait because I am going to Japan from summer of 2007 to summer of 2008, so happy!! :D :D :D )
LOL.. forgot to mention how many times I've looped that over and over again as well.. nice...

btw.. gratz on Japan.. Im really envious. lol.. :D 8)
"...Stay here, with me...."

The Search for Charlotte continues....

User avatar
Suntory
For Relaxing Times Make It Suntory Time!
Posts: 269
Joined: Fri Apr 30, 2004 1:28 am
Location: Boston

#11 Post by Suntory » Mon Jul 24, 2006 3:08 pm

Mercenary Sora wrote: (I also can't wait because I am going to Japan from summer of 2007 to summer of 2008, so happy!! :D :D :D )
Cool! What are you going to do there?
Post photos to the site when you are there!

User avatar
Mercenary Sora
Awake
Posts: 15
Joined: Thu Jun 15, 2006 11:24 pm

#12 Post by Mercenary Sora » Sun Jul 30, 2006 3:37 am

Suntory wrote:
Mercenary Sora wrote: (I also can't wait because I am going to Japan from summer of 2007 to summer of 2008, so happy!! :D :D :D )
Cool! What are you going to do there?
Post photos to the site when you are there!
I'm basically just going to live the life of a Japanese teengaer for a year, go to school there and stay with a host family. I am going to go on an exchange program, I can't wait!!

And of course I will post pics!!

Anyway back on topic lol, I just finally bought the album on itunes and put it on my new iPod, I listen to LiT all the time now!!
Image

User avatar
findingcharlotte
Charlie Brown
Posts: 114
Joined: Tue Oct 26, 2004 3:16 pm

#13 Post by findingcharlotte » Tue Aug 15, 2006 1:40 am

Pitman wrote:I couldn't agree more. The soundtrack is simply perfect. When My Bloody Valentine comes on during the cab ride home, it's so hypnotic. I sooo love that scene...watching the Rainbow bridge from afar in the cab, then getting closer, then turning onto it. Wow. Breathless. It so captures the mood. Then, how it softly echoes in the hotel hallway when Bob is carrying Charlotte back to her room. Wow again, ultimate wow factor for me. Just perfect.

An example of soundtrack I did not like was for Broken Flowers, another Bill Murray movie which I really anticipated to be a great film, but I found fell short. The soundtrack was actually redundant.

Yeah ..the whole cab ride scene has always been a favourite ....
Call me if you get lost...

" before we go, Im not as brave as I told you.."

Post Reply