"Then don't. Stay with me, we'll start a jazz band.&quo

Discuss the fabulous movie Lost In Translation!

Moderator: Bob

"Then don't. Stay with me, we'll start a jazz band.&quo

#1 Post by Guest » Sun Jul 11, 2004 8:51 pm

I really have no idea what was said, but I'd love it to be something like, "Let's never come here again 'cause it would never be as much fun, okay?"

Suntory
For Relaxing Times Make It Suntory Time!

#2 Post by Suntory » Wed Jul 14, 2004 11:03 pm

I think that was it.

jm
Inactive/Deleted user

#3 Post by jm » Sat Jul 24, 2004 7:40 pm

"One of the interesting things is how they almost didn't meet, I mean [u:1e4f094f69]really meet[/u:1e4f094f69] in the way that they did. They ran into each other three times before she finally suggested that they get together. If they hadn't run into each other the fourth times, it wouldn't have happened. If she'd asked earlier, it wouldn't have happened. If they'd both been going into or out of the pool on the fourth time, it wouldn't have happened. If John hadn't gotten out of town, it wouldn't have happened. Etc etc etc.

Makes you think how many such people we miss ourselves, passing them by once, or seeing them daily and just not being in the right circumstances."
Last edited by jm on Sat Feb 17, 2007 2:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Suntory
For Relaxing Times Make It Suntory Time!

#4 Post by Suntory » Mon Jul 26, 2004 11:34 am

That is so true!!!!

It happened to me back in 1991. I met someone I was friendly with at a convention. We didnt run into each other by the end so I didnt get her infomation to stay in touch. I went to the airport when I was going home and she was at the same gate area! So we were able to exchange information and have been friends ever since. However if we had not by chance met there at the end, I never would have seen her again.

#5 Post by Guest » Fri Apr 22, 2005 12:33 pm

That's an interesting observation, Johnmonkey. Years ago, I was flying back to Frankfurt (I live in the states now). I was supposed to fly Delta, but they cancelled the flight without letting me know, so I wound up on a KLM flight to Amsterdam. I was lucky enough to be seated next to a nice, good-looking young woman, and we had a blast on the flight over. We spent so much time just talking that I didn't get a number or address (she lived in Florida). We got off the plane at Schipol and we got separated in the crowd. I can't tell you how many times I walked around the airport trying to find her. I never did.

The Shoegazer
Japanese Surfer

#6 Post by The Shoegazer » Tue Apr 26, 2005 10:02 pm

johnmonkey wrote:One of the interesting things is how they almost didn't meet, I mean really meet in the way that they did. They ran into each other three times before she finally suggested that they get together. If they hadn't run into each other the fourth times, it wouldn't have happened. If she'd asked earlier, it wouldn't have happened. If they'd both been going into or out of the pool on the fourth time, it wouldn't have happened. If John hadn't gotten out of town, it wouldn't have happened. Etc etc etc.

Makes you think how many such people we miss ourselves, passing them by once, or seeing them daily and just not being in the right circumstances.
Lol... I was thinking about something along these lines too. We might walk down a street and all of a sudden turn into some corner...we can find a million dollars there or get we can get beat up. If that quarter didn't fall of my pocket which caused me to stop for a second instead of keep walking, I might have got run over by a car.
Here we are, Stuck by this river

You Make it Easy
Charlie Brown

#7 Post by You Make it Easy » Wed Apr 27, 2005 5:21 pm

"Weird things happen all the time."

Moose
Traveler

#8 Post by Moose » Sat May 07, 2005 5:03 pm

Serendipity.
The Moose that roared!

A moment of silence
Suntory Time

#9 Post by A moment of silence » Fri Oct 07, 2005 11:40 pm

About JohnMonkey's comment. I believe it was fate, call me corny or whatever. Sometimes fate works and life gives you amazing surprises. Sometimes I cry after the movie ends because of this. These two people alone, lost, confused find another and get to enjoy a vacation like no other time they have ever enjoyed anything else. It's beautiful.I need that, I feel like I want THAT, I crave it now. Amazing. Anyway, I tried to say that quote "let's never some here again..." at the same time he whispered and it turned out to be as long as the whisper. It might have been. Well, all we need to know it's that we are not hopeless.

:twisted:
Nothing is more beautiful than something that will not last