Another American actor doing a Japanese tv commercial
Posted: Fri Jun 01, 2007 10:45 pm
Tommy Lee Jones is doing a series of Japanese Boss Coffee tv commercial as an alien... which made me think of Bob's Suntory commercial. I wonder if TLJ thought of LiT as he did these...
1. The two Japanese guys are eating and talking about how there are probably space aliens who are on earth, disguised as humans to observe us. They probably watch our movies, and copy the form of farous actors like Tommy Lee Jones.
The two men leave, revealing that Tommy Lee Jones is sitting only a few seats away. The subtitles under his name reveal that he is ‘Space Alien Jones’ who is observing earth. He notes to himself that the people on this planet are kind of stupid. However, the end of the day(sunset) on this planet is very beautiful.
2. The alien gets a job in a warehouse.
3. Tommy Lee Jones continues his role as a space alien visiting our planet. In this episode he is working as a retail salesman in a Japanese store. When he puts on the toy antenna, the child says, “It’s a space alien.” Tommy then proceeds to start shouting out the price of the thing he is trying to sell (1980 yen). When he drinks the coffee at the end of the commercial, he notes how the people of this planet are vunerable to “1980″. While the narration at the end is a Japanese voice-over, he actually does shout “1980″ in Japanese. I’m guessing they paid him a little more for this commercial, since he actually opened his mouth.
4. The alien is a delivery man and gets a parking ticket on the windshield of his truck.
5. The alien is still a delivery man and tries to deliver his goods faster in order to avoid getting another ticket.
6. A job change for the alien. He serves food and drink at a small private party of young people and is sad. The coffee drink makes him feel better.
7. After a customer insults his appearance, Jones gets an extra “cool” host makeover. At the end of the commercial he declares this planet’s tanning salons to be amazing.