I cant stop thinking about Lost In Translation

Discuss the fabulous movie Lost In Translation!

Moderator: Bob

You Make it Easy
Charlie Brown

#101 Post by You Make it Easy » Wed Apr 05, 2006 4:14 pm

I hope I dont see the day this board gets shut down, even though it will happen someday. Even after many years I will still find myself reading through some of the old threads.
Waiting to be found...

preciouswhile
Mr. Kazo sent me

#102 Post by preciouswhile » Wed Apr 05, 2006 6:01 pm

If so, I certainly hope Bob lets us know before hand, so that someone can take over. I know I'd be willing to host it.

Don't want what happened with the original areyouawake.org to happen again.

Flyonthewall
WooHoo Guy

#103 Post by Flyonthewall » Wed Apr 05, 2006 6:26 pm

I just discovered you guys and certainly hope that nothing happens to the site :(

I agree tho that some preliminary warning would be nice. But lets not worry 'bout that we really hafta. :lol:
"...Stay here, with me...."

The Search for Charlotte continues....

52FM
Inactive/Deleted user

#104 Post by 52FM » Wed Apr 05, 2006 9:35 pm

Hey - I didn't mean to cause a mini-alarm! I was just talking about how much the site means to me. If Bob or someone kept it around, I expect I'd visit it for many many years to come! And I suspect it will be around - this is a timeless movie - and I suspect the fan base will continue to gradually grow.
"Willoughby. Next stop is Willoughby."

You Make it Easy
Charlie Brown

#105 Post by You Make it Easy » Thu Apr 06, 2006 9:59 am

Yah it still amazes me that there are new comers here. Years after the films release there are people who still watch it for the first time and get that punch in the stomach and decided to find a community like ours.
Waiting to be found...

findingcharlotte
Charlie Brown

#106 Post by findingcharlotte » Fri Apr 21, 2006 1:26 am

well said..its a home

52FM wrote:Welcome new members!

I know this is a place of solitude for me, even though I dont' contrbute as much as before. It's become an old friend or a comfortable chair or whatever metaphor you'd like to use.

I know the day will come sometime in the future that Bob will bid his farewell and close the board; or I'll click on my link in the favorites and get a "not found" message. When that day comes I'll be sad but I will drink a silent toast to an internet community that literally changed my life!

Again - welcome!
Call me if you get lost...

" before we go, Im not as brave as I told you.."

kite
LIT Super Fan

#107 Post by kite » Sun Apr 23, 2006 5:24 pm

OMG!!, this movie is so beautiful.

Before i even saw this movie, i already had this kind of feeling for life. Since im growing up in a small city, i always have this feeling that someone is waiting for me (somewhere in the world) and almost every night, i wonder who could that person be? where is he/she? and when i ask myself this question, my heart starts to ache, but in a hauntingly beautiful way. So i always think, im going to escape this place, travel somewhere far and wonder around a big city in hopes of finding him/her..

Then when i saw this movie, i almost cried. It represented my idea in the most beautiful way possible. The music, the city, eveything is just so wonderful.

Im happy this place exists, im not alone. there IS someone waiting or looking for you , we're all lost.

:( Im so happy

Flyonthewall
WooHoo Guy

#108 Post by Flyonthewall » Sun Apr 23, 2006 7:27 pm

Another soul has experienced the magic of this movie..

Welcome :D

I think its safe to say you've found a place where this movie has touched us all... :wink:

Barmydreams
Sleepless in Tokyo

#109 Post by Barmydreams » Mon Apr 24, 2006 3:01 pm

I couldn't have put it better myself, I totally know where your coming from cosettery_kite.

Welcome to the forum, I hope you enjoy wandering round the boards as much as i do. :D

Pitman
Suntory Time

I'm New! My first post to this Board.

#110 Post by Pitman » Wed May 03, 2006 8:37 am

I chose the thread I Can't Stop Thinking About Lost In Translation to make my first post, because that is the stage I am in right now. I'm sure you all remember that stage! I first saw this movie the year it came out and did enjoy it, but I can't say I truly got it. Then, I picked up the DVD earlier this year and finally watched it again, and started getting it. Now after my 4th viewing of it, I have to say this is less a movie to me and more a life altering event. And I see now this is the effect of Art that is of high caliber. It grows on you, seeps into your nervous system, makes you think about all the aspects and ramifications of its presentation. Makes you fall in love with it. And yes, before discovering this forum, I got that aching heart sensation each time I watch it, so I can testify to that.

I'm very glad to have found a community of LiT lovers, kindred spirits indeed.

I think what gives the movie such impact for me, and this is probably true for any art form, is its correlation to my own experience in life. Since LiT resonates so deeply with my life and my thinking, it has touched the very core of who I am, and that is indescribable.

I am Bob as he wipes sleep from his eyes in the limo to witness the magnificent neon of Tokyo. I'm in the elevator when Bob and Charlotte first have eye contact. I'm sitting with Charlotte and Bob at the bar when he lights her cigarette. I am with them every step of the way as they have their first adventurous night out together on the town and karaoke. I am Charlotte as she walks the sites of Kyoto alone. I am also standing right there when Bob whispers into Charlotte's ear which fills her with happiness and relief.

So, check it out, this is what I do now before I watch LiT. Because it's such an important event (film) to me, I make preparations for viewing. I always watch the film alone. I prefer to watch it after midnight and into the wee hours of the morning, this heightens the whole experience of the movie particularly because Bob and Charlotte make their connection during the night and this is the time when their friendship really grows. I like to sip on Sapporo, or have something Japanese. I put the movie on and let the DVD menu play Death in Vegas for a while as the night lights of Tokyo blink in anticipation of me pressing play. By the end of the movie, my senses, my emotions, my self-reflections reach to such a crescendo that my life feels fresher and newer. I am revived. And this is why I call it an "event."

Flyonthewall
WooHoo Guy

#111 Post by Flyonthewall » Wed May 03, 2006 12:20 pm

I only wish I was as eloquent Pitman. You hit the hammer on the head regarding this movie as "life altering".

Welcome and I hope you find some solace in the community that shares those strong emotions as you do. :D

Pitman
Suntory Time

#112 Post by Pitman » Wed May 03, 2006 7:56 pm

Fly, thanks for the welcoming. Looks like I'm here a little late...this forum is like a ghost town.

:(

kite
LIT Super Fan

#113 Post by kite » Wed May 03, 2006 10:22 pm

Pitman, that post almost made me cry :cry:
you're not alone...

#114 Post by Guest » Wed May 03, 2006 11:49 pm

Welcome new folks!
That was a cool post Pitman!

People now come and go, there was more activity about a month ago.
They'll be back.
I'll always be around.
Though pretty busy lately and my review of new admissions are a little late
but cant let the spammers in! :idea:

Flyonthewall
WooHoo Guy

#115 Post by Flyonthewall » Thu May 04, 2006 4:20 am

not to worry Pitman :)

Although it does seem that way, there are still peeps that come here and take comfort that this place exists and that we can come here to find some other people who were touched by this phenomenal movie.

The depth that this movie hits me I still have problems putting into words. I just saw so many similarities between Bob and myself that it literally made me well up in tears when I first saw LIT.

Now i take comfort in coming here and even though there are no new posts, I take the opportunity to browse through some of the old posts that were here and catch up. :D

Keep posting and rest assured I or others will reply.. sometimes not right away.. but there will be a reply.

Pitman
Suntory Time

#116 Post by Pitman » Thu May 04, 2006 8:05 am

cosettery_kite
fly
Bob

Thanks for the replies. It's nice to know I'm not alone here. Although I did get the feeling that WeAreAwake.org is like a big old Fort. Bob is the General and he has to keep the enemy spammers out. I have just arrived to witness there was much activity in the past, all the message-footprints are here to tell of. I walk the grounds opening up different doors to see and read the journals of those who used to dwell here. I only wish I was here among the thriving, boisterous, passionate hey day of that time. Now I take up residence here for a while to console myself and hope for the return of more of its past denizens.

Hope I didn't almost make you cry again, cosettery_kite.

kite
LIT Super Fan

#117 Post by kite » Thu May 04, 2006 9:33 am

lol. Its just that i find hard to believe theres people out there that feel exactly what i feel yet i dont know them and might not never meet them :(

Pitman
Suntory Time

#118 Post by Pitman » Thu May 04, 2006 11:52 am

cosettery_kite, yes i agree....it warms the heart to find others who share the same feeling. Where abouts are you? I'm in Toronto.

kite
LIT Super Fan

#119 Post by kite » Thu May 04, 2006 11:23 pm

Im in Mexico, im 16 years old!!
I was born in LA but grew up most of my life here

Pitman
Suntory Time

#120 Post by Pitman » Fri May 05, 2006 9:11 am

cosettery_kite, Cool! Very pleased to make your aquaintance online! It's nice to see this film touches all ages!!

Did you watch LiT after school yesterday?

:-)