It's occurred to me...

Discuss the fabulous movie Lost In Translation!

Moderator: Bob

preciouswhile
Mr. Kazo sent me

It's occurred to me...

#1 Post by preciouswhile » Mon Jul 02, 2007 7:48 pm

...that maybe I've seen this movie too much when I'm sitting at work and singing/reciting the sound effects from the arcade scene verbatim in my head.

:?

(Take me with you!)

silentguest
Evelyn Waugh

#2 Post by silentguest » Tue Jul 03, 2007 12:38 am

I've noticed that most nights as I'm turning off the lights and heading for bed "City Girl" starts playing in my head. I think my mind is connecting the end of the day with the end of the movie.

Tombo
Lounge Singer

#3 Post by Tombo » Tue Jul 03, 2007 2:42 pm

...and I'm checking out Bobs suits in the film-are they two or three button?-together with the clothes that the Japenese surfer dudes are wearing in the party scene...all so I can put together the definitive LIT look for the summer...

Lordy. I think we need help. :shock:

Pockets
Suntory Time

#4 Post by Pockets » Tue Jul 03, 2007 5:07 pm

Well in the movie Diner (on of my favorite movies of all time) there is a character that walks around reciting the lines from the movie Sweet Smell of Success. In the movie Forever Lulu, the two main characters love to watch the movie The Hustler and speak the lines at the same time.

So knowing a movie this well is not that unusual.

Bren
Ikebana Fan

#5 Post by Bren » Wed Jul 04, 2007 6:55 am

silentguest wrote:I've noticed that most nights as I'm turning off the lights and heading for bed "City Girl" starts playing in my head. I think my mind is connecting the end of the day with the end of the movie.
I tend to get that song playing in my head in the evening, generally. Other songs from the film come into my head randomly as well, probably because I've heard them so much they're imprinted in my head. :lol:
"Everyone wants to be found."

Congruous
Suntory Time

#6 Post by Congruous » Thu Jul 05, 2007 1:38 pm

I've seen it plenty of times, but I don't worry too much about seeing a movie too many times. God knows there are a ton of lousy flicks out there and I lose nothing by missing them.

Movies I've probably watched too many times: "Animal House," "Star Wars," and "The Sure Thing."
"Are there no more arrows left?"