Charlotte finds inspiration!

Discuss the fabulous movie Lost In Translation!

Moderator: Bob

Blissbomb
Stocking Lipper

Charlotte finds inspiration!

#1 Post by Blissbomb » Mon Aug 16, 2004 8:40 pm

Charlotte throughout the movie is always finding inspiration when she walks about Tokyo/Kyoto looking at new places. She never finds inspiration from the people around her except for Bob and maybe the surfers.

I have thought about this a lot and I find the same thing! I find the world so fascinating except for the people around me, who are just so blindly stuck in their day to day drudgery life.

When I try to talk to them, they dont even listen unless its got something to do with football, beer, their weight or the party they went to on the weekend. Most times I know what they are going to say even before they say it and I just end up walking away like Charlotte in the bar talking to Kelly and her "Powercleanse".

The majority of people are boring and are happy to be boring. I wish I could be supremely happy with beer and football and generally being an idiot, life would be so easy. This subject was also the basis of Ghostwold.

Do people like Charlotte ever find happiness?

jm
Inactive/Deleted user

Re: Charlotte finds inspiration!

#2 Post by jm » Tue Aug 17, 2004 5:09 am

"[quote:9620121894="Blissbomb"]Do people like Charlotte ever find happiness?[/quote:9620121894]

Not so far, but I'll keep you posted. :?"
Last edited by jm on Sat Feb 17, 2007 2:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.

sooner77
Stocking Lipper

#3 Post by sooner77 » Tue Aug 17, 2004 3:50 pm

I think the character of Charlotte is a possible look at what might have happened to Rebecca from "Ghost World". I can see Rebecca deciding to go to college and trying to write.

phillygalinutah
Lounge Singer

Re: Does Charlotte Find Happiness?

#4 Post by phillygalinutah » Tue Aug 17, 2004 6:17 pm

Why of course :D !

Bob Harris said he wasn't worried about her, and that she would figure it out. Charlotte was young in her life experiences....that's why in the end, I believe Bob whispered to her not to give up on herself and others and to reveal or express herself more to others :P
"Everyone wants to be found"