This board's still hangin' in there, huh?

Discuss the fabulous movie Lost In Translation!

Moderator: Bob

Clint
Traveler

#21 Post by Clint » Sun Apr 17, 2011 8:00 am

I signed up way back in 2004. Long time reader, but only posted once I think.

I still think about this film a lot and wondered if by some chance this forum was still around. Well what do you know!

I tried to log-in a few days ago but I couldn't even remember what email address I used to sign up - and of course I forgot my password. Just now I found a small piece of paper in my draw with my password written down. It has been sitting in my room for almost seven years!

Nice to be back here. A lot of memories are coming back. I think a viewing is in order before heading to Japan next month.
I'm so into you...

Old Member B
Charlie Brown

#22 Post by Old Member B » Mon Apr 18, 2011 7:08 am

Last edited by Old Member B on Mon Apr 22, 2019 12:22 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Clint
Traveler

#23 Post by Clint » Thu Apr 21, 2011 10:43 am

Thanks Ben, and thanks to Bob for fixing up my email address issue.

I haven't actually watched the film in full for about a year at a guess. I certainly do think about it a lot. Since 2004 I've been lucky enough to go to many places in the film in Kyoto and Tokyo. Just the other day I was looking for my pictures of my walk through Heian Jingu, one of my favourite places in Kyoto. Still dreaming of a night at the Park Hyatt Tokyo above all else!

I know that I won't be as emotionally knocked out as the first few times I saw the film, but it's definitely time to turn the lights down and savour a whiskey on the rocks with Bob and Charlotte.

Side story - If I was going to host a dinner party Bill Murray and travel show host Anthony Bourdain would be on my guestlist. Imagine my delight when I saw Bill appearing in an episode of Tony's show and having dinner together - the stuff of dreams!!
I'm so into you...

samwright8380
Japanese Surfer

#24 Post by samwright8380 » Thu Apr 21, 2011 9:08 pm

Clint wrote: I haven't actually watched the film in full for about a year at a guess. I certainly do think about it a lot. Since 2004 I've been lucky enough to go to many places in the film in Kyoto and Tokyo. Just the other day I was looking for my pictures of my walk through Heian Jingu, one of my favourite places in Kyoto. Still dreaming of a night at the Park Hyatt Tokyo above all else!

I know that I won't be as emotionally knocked out as the first few times I saw the film, but it's definitely time to turn the lights down and savour a whiskey on the rocks with Bob and Charlotte.
Good to see you back :) It's been almost seven years since I joined as well, quite scary how time flies isn't it! Have to admit I only watch the film very occasionally now, perhaps once or twice a year, and as you say the emotional punch isn't there as it was the first time. A fine piece of cinema regardless.

kite
LIT Super Fan

#25 Post by kite » Mon May 30, 2011 1:58 pm

It's good to be back, I was like 14 or 15 when I first signed in. Afterwards I stopped coming here and my life went on a downward spiral in a vicios cycle of substance abuse. Now, I'm sort of ok, but I'm trying to place my mind where it used to be before I messed up, and I think it was somewhere around the time I was obsessed with LIT and strange 80's j-pop mixtape.

Clint
Traveler

#26 Post by Clint » Sun Jun 19, 2011 12:07 pm

kite wrote:It's good to be back, I was like 14 or 15 when I first signed in. Afterwards I stopped coming here and my life went on a downward spiral in a vicios cycle of substance abuse. Now, I'm sort of ok, but I'm trying to place my mind where it used to be before I messed up, and I think it was somewhere around the time I was obsessed with LIT and strange 80's j-pop mixtape.
Nice to see you back kite. As can be seen above, I wandered in here after about seven years without a post. Our lives do change, but it's good to know that you are getting back on track. Keep it up.

Funny that you mention strange 80s J-Pop mixtapes too. Recently I've been listening to a whole heap of J-Pop from the 70s and 80s. There's some good stuff to be listened to!
I'm so into you...

kite
LIT Super Fan

#27 Post by kite » Sat Jun 25, 2011 8:34 pm

lol yeah, and i there's some kind of nostalgic element to it, listening to lullabies of a bygone era. I still have the cassette in my posession, i bought it in a very impoverished second-hand store for $1.50 and i've been treasuring it ever since.

Pitman
Suntory Time

#28 Post by Pitman » Tue Jun 28, 2011 7:39 am

Hey Kite, good to see you back here. I still pop in from time to time. Are you out of that downward spiral now? Off the crap?

kite
LIT Super Fan

#29 Post by kite » Thu Jun 30, 2011 11:45 am

Hey Pitman! what the hell man!, it's been what? 4 years?
I still got the DVD's you sent me hidden away somewhere in my closet.
And no, still struggling to get out of the cycle, though i've been going to NA meetings. Also, I'm working at a call center!!!

Pitman
Suntory Time

#30 Post by Pitman » Thu Jun 30, 2011 11:47 am

Yeah, long time. Keep up the good work. Don't lose yourself to the dark side Luke. One thing you have to keep in mind is that getting wasted doesn't in anyway remove responsibility for your actions. So, whatever happens as a result you will have to pay for it one way or another. It's better to have a good head on your shoulders and make better decisions than to make really crappy decisions while having a totally foggy brain.

Maybe I'll send you some more DVDs for Xmas. ha ha

kite
LIT Super Fan

#31 Post by kite » Tue Jul 05, 2011 11:33 pm

hey, do you have facebook? add me! I'm "Fernandito Corsica". :o