This board's still hangin' in there, huh?

Discuss the fabulous movie Lost In Translation!

Moderator: Bob

sc1957
Awake

This board's still hangin' in there, huh?

#1 Post by sc1957 » Sat Mar 20, 2010 8:59 pm

I hung out here for a while in 2004. Surprised to see it's still here. Of course, I still watch LiT now and then.

My favorite of the posts I made: LiT Action Figures

LASVEGAS
Traveler

Re: This board's still hangin' in there, huh?

#2 Post by LASVEGAS » Mon Mar 22, 2010 5:24 pm

sc1957 wrote:I hung out here for a while in 2004. Surprised to see it's still here
It will always be here 8)

samwright8380
Japanese Surfer

#3 Post by samwright8380 » Fri Apr 02, 2010 9:46 am

I can't see this board ever going away to be honest. I'm sure there are enough of us here who appreciate it to always find some way to keep it going :)

Dupont Odeon
Sleepless in Tokyo

#4 Post by Dupont Odeon » Sat Apr 03, 2010 4:36 am

This place is like an internet version of the Tokyo Park Hyatt: people drift in and people drift out, but it will always be here for the travelers.

Bob_san
Site Admin

#5 Post by Bob_san » Wed May 12, 2010 2:22 am

Yes indeed and as long as I'm "here" it will be here! I will pass it on to my daughter to care for when it's time. I just enrolled four new members. I'm getting about 2 to 4 new member requests a month!! So as people find the film and this site, yes they will continue drift in. . . :D

onlyshallow
Awake

#6 Post by onlyshallow » Wed May 12, 2010 6:18 am

Hi there, new member here!

Just wanted to say thanks to Mr. Bob_San for taking the time to keep this forum 'hanging in there'. Was well chuffed to find my registration email waiting for me this morning.

I'm a huge fan of the film and I've been lurking here for a month or so now, I just wish I'd found it sooner! It's quite a relief but also quite strange to find there are others out there that love the film as much as I do.

The forum is a great source of info for all things LiT and led to me picking up a copy of the limited edition soundtrack w/ picture book. I'm now looking to hunt down the owl, the soundtrack LP, the Kevin Shields single on 7", the Japanese DVD...so I'm planning on hanging around for a while yet. :)

Regards,
onlyshallow

Bob_san
Site Admin

#7 Post by Bob_san » Thu May 13, 2010 12:22 am

Cool, welcome to the forum!!!

Kayin Kincaide
Wide Awake

#8 Post by Kayin Kincaide » Fri May 14, 2010 1:43 am

i wonder if other movies have similar followings...

nathan
Sleepless in Tokyo

#9 Post by nathan » Mon May 17, 2010 10:23 pm

new member here!

edit: just noticed i have the same avatar as onlyshallow...getting on fixing that.

Just Like Honey...
Suntory Time

#10 Post by Just Like Honey... » Thu May 27, 2010 5:24 pm

I just logged in for the first time in a few months. I have some replies to make that go way back to January :) .

I will be back to do that later.

I will never stop coming here. Too many great memories.
I'd rather be a gear in a big, deterministic, physical machine than just some random swerving.

kite
LIT Super Fan

#11 Post by kite » Sun May 30, 2010 5:58 pm

Hi everybody, I'm back now! and old enough to drink!! :)

21 now, was 16 when i first joined.

Dupont Odeon
Sleepless in Tokyo

#12 Post by Dupont Odeon » Sun May 30, 2010 7:13 pm

Bob_san, have you ever considered opening a Paypal account so that you can collect donations to help you pay for the site's hosting fees? I know I'd be happy to donate to keep the board going.

Bob_san
Site Admin

#13 Post by Bob_san » Sun Jun 06, 2010 2:39 am

Wow great to see some old timers come back and welcome to the new folks!

Just Like Honey... that's great look forward to reading your new posts!

kite welcome back and hey yea you're legal now but I know when I was 16 that didn't stop me. . . . :shock: :twisted:

Dupont Odeon - on that the user base is so small and sporadic that I don't want to hit people up for something I would have up here anyway. If this was a heavily trafficed site that required a dedicated server well then that would be another matter. I think what I would rather do is put a link to my amazon affiliate account which people could then use to go through and when they buy something I would get a commission. I should put it on the front site page which I haven't and in a post.

nathan - looking forward to seeing some stories about your trip to Japan!
(check out his blog here: http://tokyodreaming.tumblr.com/tagged/ ... ranslation)

Dupont Odeon
Sleepless in Tokyo

#14 Post by Dupont Odeon » Sun Jun 06, 2010 9:42 am

Bob_san wrote: I think what I would rather do is put a link to my amazon affiliate account which people could then use to go through and when they buy something I would get a commission. I should put it on the front site page which I haven't and in a post.
Definitely do that - I use Amazon for almost every purchase. Thanks for keeping this place going!

Flyonthewall
WooHoo Guy

#15 Post by Flyonthewall » Tue Jun 15, 2010 4:10 am

I am still here.. and the eternal search for Charlotte continues.. :D

btw.. I posted a thread for it.. but was planning on showing the movie on my channel

www.justin.tv/moviesign53

today starting around 3pm - US pacific standard time. Will probably be looping it so it will play for a few times :lol:

I will be on and off to chat with my fellow denizens of "being awake"

Sorry for the last minute notice.. you (and Bob-san) can email me moviesign53@yahoo.com to let me know if / when you want me to show the movie again.

BTW.. in order to chat in Justin.tv, you need to sign up and get a user name. Its not intrusive and its also up to you to sign up. You can still see the movie even if you don't have a username. See you there!!

- Fly
"...Stay here, with me...."

The Search for Charlotte continues....

Luigi
Lost In Tokyo

The place to be

#16 Post by Luigi » Mon Jun 28, 2010 6:46 pm

This is a great place. Still going on after 6 years. Amazing. Thanks to Bob.

mothling
LIT Super Fan

#17 Post by mothling » Mon Jul 12, 2010 3:45 pm

Wow, hello to everybody!

I used to post here, it must've been at least two years ago now, and I still find myself drifting back here, the Park Hyatt metaphor used earlier is oh so apt.

To glad to see this place is still up and running.
i know that diamonds mean money for this art, but that's not the shape of my heart.

samwright8380
Japanese Surfer

#18 Post by samwright8380 » Tue Jul 20, 2010 8:34 am

mothling wrote:Wow, hello to everybody!

I used to post here, it must've been at least two years ago now, and I still find myself drifting back here, the Park Hyatt metaphor used earlier is oh so apt.

To glad to see this place is still up and running.
It's good to see you're still a visitor mothling :)

Bob_san
Site Admin

#19 Post by Bob_san » Mon Sep 06, 2010 3:19 pm

Dupont Odeon wrote:
Bob_san wrote: I think what I would rather do is put a link to my amazon affiliate account which people could then use to go through and when they buy something I would get a commission. I should put it on the front site page which I haven't and in a post.
Definitely do that - I use Amazon for almost every purchase. Thanks for keeping this place going!
Ok I have begun to create a page on the site for a store.
You can find it here:

http://www.weareawake.org/litstore.htm

There's a few things on there now including the Blu-ray release and the book by the British guy on the UK Site. I will be adding more items in the next week. There's also a search link so you can go directly to amazon.

Also note that in order for an affiliate to get credit, you need to add the item to cart within 24 hours of click thru and purchase within 89 days! Thanks!!

Dupont Odeon
Sleepless in Tokyo

#20 Post by Dupont Odeon » Tue Sep 07, 2010 1:28 am

Cool! I didn't even know that LIT was coming out on Blu-ray - I'm definitely getting it when its released in December.