A side note.

Discuss the fabulous movie Lost In Translation!

Moderator: Bob

Kayin Kincaide
Wide Awake

A side note.

#1 Post by Kayin Kincaide » Fri May 07, 2010 6:10 pm

I was wondering if anyone had thought of this...

I imagined in my head that this movie would work amazingly if it was cut up correctly. Not trying to ruin the movie in anyway...

Let me know what you think

I was watching it again...and thought well the ending could be the beginning...
then the whole movie could be him remembering his time in Japan...like he falls asleep in the car...and is just having a flashback...

I thought it would still be an amazing movie...just a thought.

Enjoy your day everyone.

Bob_san
Site Admin

#2 Post by Bob_san » Wed May 12, 2010 2:11 am

For people handy with video editing software, there are plenty of fan edits of other movies out there. Why not one for LIT?!

jeffyen
Lounge Singer

#3 Post by jeffyen » Wed May 12, 2010 8:55 am

I'm of the opinion that the flashback treatment may lessen the impact of the movie somewhat. I know everyone may have been 'punched in the stomach' moment at different points in the movie, probably the last parts of it. My moment was the fading out of Bob's taxi ride to the airport and when the credits come on. I've been thinking about this and figure it's a bit like letting the viewer feel as if *he/she* is the one leaving Tokyo, a first person perspective. *We* have become Bob, leaving Scarlett/Tokyo/healthy food etc and no sequel to continue the story! I'm not sure if putting this scene first will dilute the impact or not...

Nonetheless, I'll be interested in what fan edits can come up with .. :)