Bill Murraython

Discuss the fabulous movie Lost In Translation!

Moderator: Bob

samwright8380
Japanese Surfer

Bill Murraython

#1 Post by samwright8380 » Mon Sep 20, 2010 1:01 am

I've arranged to go watch a 24 hour car race at silverstone, just found out that this is on whilst I'm gone:

http://www.pressplayfestival.org/progra ... rray-films

13 hours of bill murray films back to back including LIT! Would have to be on the one weekend where I'm out of town in ages.

All this has got e thinking, has anyone here ever arranged a screening, or know of anyone who has? I regret never having seen LIT theatrically.

Pitman
Suntory Time

#2 Post by Pitman » Sat Sep 25, 2010 9:02 pm

That's pretty cool. I did see LiT in the theatre, but honestly, I didn't really get it. It was only when I saw it the second time on DVD that it really hit me.

HappyWhenItRains
Traveler

#3 Post by HappyWhenItRains » Mon Sep 27, 2010 3:28 pm

I actually live just around the corner from where the the 'Murraython' is being held. I'm thinking of going but I've never watched LiT with anyone else before and I don't know if it would have the same effect.
Step back and watch the sweet thing breaking everything she sees

samwright8380
Japanese Surfer

#4 Post by samwright8380 » Thu Sep 30, 2010 1:58 pm

HappyWhenItRains wrote:I actually live just around the corner from where the the 'Murraython' is being held. I'm thinking of going but I've never watched LiT with anyone else before and I don't know if it would have the same effect.
small world! From the looks of it, it seems like they're going to be showing the films in standard definition from dvds.
As far as I can remember, I first read about LIT in a magazine article prior to release; as I liked virgin suicides I was more interested in the film from that angle than anything else. I was at the cinema with a friend and remember that they were showing LIT but we decided to go watch 21 grams instead as we'd both recently watched the region 1 dvd at the time. Should have gone for LIT instead...