Scarlett in some new movies

Items specifically about Bill, Scarlett, and Sofia, etc. Discuss!

Moderator: Bob

jml98
Asleep

Scarlett in some new movies

#1 Post by jml98 » Sun Oct 17, 2004 7:10 pm

Scarlett's got some movies coming out at the end of '04 and the beginning of '05. In November, you can hear her in the SpongeBob Squarepants movie. In December (i think) you can see her in "A Love Song for Bobby Long" with John Travolta. In January, you can see her in "In Good Company" (formerly called "Synergy") with Topher Grace and Dennis Quaid.

Has anyone read reviews of "Love Song" or "Company"? I've seen the trailers for both. "Company" seems to be just another romantic comedy; i hope its not just another "hollywoodized" movie. I'm not sure what to make of "Love Song"... (Scarlett has shorter hair and has a southern accent in it. it's kind of weird)

sooner77
Stocking Lipper

#2 Post by sooner77 » Mon Oct 18, 2004 4:20 pm

"Love Song" was fairly well-received at the Venice Film Festival as a non-competing film, the fact it will be shown in Los Angeles before the end of the year is a sign that the people behind it at least want it to be Oscar-eligible. Both Travolta and Johansson might be long shots for nominations.

another guest

new scarlett movies

#3 Post by another guest » Wed Oct 20, 2004 8:09 am

In Good Company (formerly Synergy):
i've seen the trailer for this as well, and i don't think it will be the standard-hollywood-romantic-comedy fare. it's written/directed by the Weitz brothers (About A Boy) and i expect it to be very well written and heartfelt but without the sap. topher grace looks like he'll be really good in this. scarlett LOOKS great so.....
i don't think her role is huge though.

i'm hoping scarlett will be an oscar darkhorse with love song for bobby long. got nice reviews from venice. but not a whole lot of reviews stateside yet.

jml98
Asleep

Re: new scarlett movies

#4 Post by jml98 » Fri Oct 22, 2004 11:36 pm

another guest wrote:In Good Company (formerly Synergy):
i've seen the trailer for this as well, and i don't think it will be the standard-hollywood-romantic-comedy fare.
I hope your right...

btw, i also got the impression that scarlett's role in "In Good Company" was not as big as dennis quaid's or topher grace's, but she does play topher's love interest, so maybe it's not as small as you (or I) think.

The Shoegazer
Japanese Surfer

#5 Post by The Shoegazer » Wed Dec 22, 2004 3:51 pm

I think Scarlett was soo much more beautyful in LiT than now with those Kalvin commercialls. Now she just looks very avarage instead of very original like in LiT

guest again

#6 Post by guest again » Wed Dec 22, 2004 9:52 pm

The Shoegazer wrote:I think Scarlett was soo much more beautyful in LiT than now with those Kalvin commercialls. Now she just looks very avarage instead of very original like in LiT
:wink: i don't think scarlett is capable of looking average! :wink:
wait till you see In Good Company ----she's beautiful. i really love the way her look changes in every movie character she inhabits. from LIT to GWAPE to Perfect Score (yeah, that wasn't the best movie but was fun) to her latest A Love Song For Bobby Long.

Just Like Honey...
Suntory Time

#7 Post by Just Like Honey... » Thu Dec 23, 2004 12:38 am

The Shoegazer wrote:I think Scarlett was soo much more beautyful in LiT than now with those Kalvin commercialls. Now she just looks very avarage instead of very original like in LiT
I'm actually going to agree with you on that one. Although she doesn't go to the extent of looking 'just average', she certainly loses the sweetness and subtle maturity she gets from playing Charlotte.
You'll probably notice this after watching "The Perfect Score" if you haven't already. It was kind of a shock to me to see Scarlett playing such a different role. But then again she is a wonderfully talented actress so who knows how much she actually does have in common with Charlotte...
I'd rather be a gear in a big, deterministic, physical machine than just some random swerving.

jml98
Asleep

#8 Post by jml98 » Thu Dec 23, 2004 2:00 am

hmm..i thought she looked stunning (i.e. more than average...) in that KC ad for the perfume. That doesn't mean she didn't look good in LiT, though.

The Shoegazer
Japanese Surfer

#9 Post by The Shoegazer » Mon Dec 27, 2004 5:05 pm

oh well , she still looks really good but had "it" in LiT with her red straight hair that seem to get lost now. She is after all of Danish/Polish decent so maybe thats where her distinct look comes from (at least in LiT).

jml98
Asleep

#10 Post by jml98 » Tue Dec 28, 2004 4:07 pm

a nice little article/video about scarlett. it seems everybody seems to agree that she is the "it" girl in Hollywood!

http://extratv.warnerbros.com/v2/news/1 ... /text.html