Is this true about Scarlett?

Items specifically about Bill, Scarlett, and Sofia, etc. Discuss!

Moderator: Bob

Congruous
Suntory Time

Is this true about Scarlett?

#1 Post by Congruous » Wed Jul 13, 2005 10:17 am

Seems a little sensational...creative marketing, maybe...

Johansson: Nudity yes, bra no
Director turns her down: 'It's PG-13'

Tuesday, July 12, 2005; Posted: 12:20 p.m. EDT (16:20 GMT)

Director Michael Bay and actress Scarlett Johansson at an "Island" premiere.

Manage Alerts | What Is This? NEW YORK (Reuters) -- Some Hollywood actresses are cautious about revealing too much skin, but 20-year-old Scarlett Johansson had to be persuaded to keep her underwear on, according to her director in "The Island," Michael Bay.

Speaking before Monday's New York premier of the thriller, which stars Johansson and Ewan McGregor as human clones on the run, Bay said he was prepared for the usual actress nerves when it came to shooting a love scene between the two leads.

"We're ready to go and of course the actress is not there," he told reporters. He said he was summoned to Johansson's trailer, expecting to have to reassure the star of "Lost in Translation" that her privacy and dignity would be protected.

"She's standing there and she says, 'I'm not wearing this cheap ... bra. I'm going naked,' " Bay said.

"I said, 'It's PG-13, you have to wear the bra,' " he said.

Bay describes "The Island" -- which carries a PG-13 rating meaning it is suitable for children with parental guidance -- as a summer "popcorn movie," though the plot raises important ethical issues about science and the morality of cloning.

The film by the director of "Armageddon" and "The Rock" is a change of direction for Johansson, who has played a string of critically acclaimed roles in films such as "Girl With a Pearl Earring" and "In Good Company."

http://www.cnn.com/2005/SHOWBIZ/Movies/ ... index.html

52FM
Inactive/Deleted user

#2 Post by 52FM » Wed Jul 13, 2005 12:05 pm

I've read this a couple of times. Seems more likely to be an embellishment of the actual situation. That is, Scarlett didn't like how the bra looked (or how she looked init) and said something aobut not wearing it. Then when it's time to market the movie we get this story.

I heard a quote from Brian DePalma aobut Scarlett in her next movie "Black Dehlila". Actually, I heard it in two differetn context - onnce referring to Scarlett directly and once referring to the character she plays in the movie: "she's this cute little package you'd love to unwrap."

I guess this means goodbye to the Charlotte-Scarlett. It was nice knowing her.

You Make it Easy
Charlie Brown

#3 Post by You Make it Easy » Wed Jul 13, 2005 1:22 pm

I read in an interview that Scarlett said she was uncomfortable walking around in underwear and Sofia had to wear them just to make her comfortable. Something along those lines. I guess she has changed since then.
Waiting to be found...

52FM
Inactive/Deleted user

#4 Post by 52FM » Wed Jul 13, 2005 2:58 pm

She was 17 when LiT filmed; she's 20 now (maybe 19 when The Island Filmed". Girls/women change a lot in those two years (my 18 yr old daughter has an entirely different style wardrobe than she did a year or two ago), and I would expect Hollywood would accellerate that process for an attractive actress.

jml98
Asleep

#5 Post by jml98 » Thu Jul 21, 2005 1:06 am

52FM wrote: I guess this means goodbye to the Charlotte-Scarlett. It was nice knowing her.
as much as i want scarlett to be charlotte, she definately is not...

as far as this change in her, i think she's just more comfortable with her body

TOO BAD about the nudity though :shock: :cry:

...excuse my 17year old self...

Sausilito
Tokyo Insomniac

#6 Post by Sausilito » Thu Aug 04, 2005 4:00 am

is her little elevator sex romp with Benicio true or not? any definitive proof?
Call me if you get lost

The Shoegazer
Japanese Surfer

#7 Post by The Shoegazer » Thu Aug 04, 2005 10:29 pm

lol. but can you really blame her? She is an attractive, young woman who is comfortable with her body. I rather see her being more of a Charlotte but what can you do.

Sausilito
Tokyo Insomniac

#8 Post by Sausilito » Fri Aug 05, 2005 4:43 am

ok, u wanna be with Benicio, go ahead, but on a hotel elevator? C'mon....
Call me if you get lost

The Shoegazer
Japanese Surfer

#9 Post by The Shoegazer » Mon Sep 26, 2005 10:16 pm

Sausilito wrote:ok, u wanna be with Benicio, go ahead, but on a hotel elevator? C'mon....
let the lovers alone, true love knows no boundaries. not even those of some elevator, who needs a room?