Scarlett's "Cosmo" cover

Items specifically about Bill, Scarlett, and Sofia, etc. Discuss!

Moderator: Bob

Congruous
Suntory Time

Scarlett's "Cosmo" cover

#1 Post by Congruous » Fri Aug 19, 2005 1:22 pm

I was at the grocery store two or three days ago waiting in line at the cashier. As usual, I was shamelessly checking out the "Shape," "Self," and "Cosmo" covers. The "Cosmo" said something about Scarlett, so I looked closer and realized that she was on the cover. While she looked good, she is using so much makeup- especially lipstick- that she is almost unrecognizable. I wish someone could convince her that she looks great without all that gunk on her face. And she doesn't have to try so hard to look sexy. She's almost got herself looking like any old blonde Hollywood starlet.

52FM
Inactive/Deleted user

#2 Post by 52FM » Mon Aug 22, 2005 7:57 pm

I saw that cover several times and never in a million years would I have thought that was her. She certainly has a different look now - I guess now that she is so much older than her LiT (saying sarcastically - she was 17 then 20 now.)

Anyone who remembers early my moviefan posts on IMDb knows that was one thing that bugged me - her acting was great, but I could never ever get over the fact she looked no older than my daughter or her friends - becuase in fact she was younger (at 17) than they were (18) when I saw it. It was a bit unsettling since it was contrived for guys my age to be attracted to her like Bob was - and it worked - until I saw the 17 year old look in her face.
"Willoughby. Next stop is Willoughby."

sw25
LIT Super Fan

#3 Post by sw25 » Tue Aug 23, 2005 3:12 pm

Yeah, I remember those posts, moviefan.

It didn't bother me quite so much, but that's because I'm a teenager and it's perfectly fine for guys my age to be attracted to her. Your argument is valid, however, and I can understand how that might have been uneasy for you or anyone else raising teenage daughters.

Perhaps Sofia should have casted an actress who really was in her 20's, someone who would look and act a little more mature without compromising the idea of "older man, younger woman" relationship.

Of course, then we would have had the misfortune to lose Scarlett's great performance.

ForRelaxingTimes
Charlie Brown

#4 Post by ForRelaxingTimes » Thu Sep 08, 2005 2:54 am

It's hard to believe she was seventeen during the making of this film. She was very mature for her age, and I believe both Bill and Scarlett were thinking on a mature level when that occured, though maybe not...:wink:.

Has anyone seen Igby goes Down? Amanda Peet and the guy she was
on top of was seventeen as well, so Bill and Scarlett's kiss is G-Rated
compared to some movies out there.
"For Relaxing Times...Make it Suntory Times."

"I'm organizing a prison break..."

52FM
Inactive/Deleted user

#5 Post by 52FM » Thu Sep 08, 2005 9:26 am

Yes - many actresses play roles significantly older than their age; like Natalie Portman in Star Wars (Episode 1 in particular) and Kiera Knightly in Pirates.
"Willoughby. Next stop is Willoughby."