In good company

Discuss what movies Bill, Scarlett, and Sofia, the producers or musicians are working on or in now as well as film influences for LIT etc.

Moderator: Bob

findingcharlotte
Charlie Brown

In good company

#1 Post by findingcharlotte » Mon Feb 14, 2005 2:35 pm

Saw this movie and just didnt seem like Scarlett......I just see her as Charlotte and perhaps always will..Its not a bad film...I think her talents are wasted here though...

Been a while since I visited the site...but the lure never quite ends...its tugs at you gently...and you just cant help but drop in at the bar and visit with Bob and Charlotte for a while...
Call me if you get lost...

" before we go, Im not as brave as I told you.."

jml98
Asleep

#2 Post by jml98 » Mon Feb 14, 2005 10:43 pm

i haven't seen the movie. haven't had much time, but also, from the trailer is looks a little too much like a cookie cutter romantic comedy. Guy falls for girl, there is some kind of conflict, period of sadness, guy gets girl with romantic ending...im hoping its more than this...can someone confirm or deny my suspicions?

glad to see u post again findingcharlotte, too bad we missed you at the simulview..

findingcharlotte
Charlie Brown

IN good company

#3 Post by findingcharlotte » Tue Feb 15, 2005 12:16 pm

Not quite a formula film..just shy..but no deep emotional journey either....

jml98 wrote:i haven't seen the movie. haven't had much time, but also, from the trailer is looks a little too much like a cookie cutter romantic comedy. Guy falls for girl, there is some kind of conflict, period of sadness, guy gets girl with romantic ending...im hoping its more than this...can someone confirm or deny my suspicions?

glad to see u post again findingcharlotte, too bad we missed you at the simulview..
Call me if you get lost...

" before we go, Im not as brave as I told you.."

jml2
WooHoo Guy

#4 Post by jml2 » Tue Feb 15, 2005 8:00 pm

I plan to see it because I like Scarlett and Topher, otherwise I would not have bothered. I'm sure their presence will make it a pleasant time-passer.

The Shoegazer
Japanese Surfer

#5 Post by The Shoegazer » Tue Feb 15, 2005 11:33 pm

From the previews, the movie looked very average.I also can't look at thet guy in the leading role without thinking of "Thats 70s show" which is very distracting.
Here we are, Stuck by this river

jml98
Asleep

#6 Post by jml98 » Thu Feb 17, 2005 1:13 am

i think you nailed it right on, shoegazer. everytime i see that guy i think of that 70s show, and i dont' even watch the series. I'm no movie expert or anything, but i think thats a major reason why tv stars have trouble doing movies or even new tv shows. they are also associated with the characters they play from the show they are famous from. a good example is jason alexander...everytime i see him i think of george costanza from Seinfeld, when in fact he is not like that (he doesn't have the new york accent etc.)

The Shoegazer
Japanese Surfer

#7 Post by The Shoegazer » Fri Feb 18, 2005 11:50 pm

From the previews, I think its one of those movies that will just pass by without any special effect on anyone nor will have especially bad reviews. It will be forgot about in few months but you can't be in all Blockbuster/Artistic films that will forever change people's lives.Goot luck to Scarlett in the future.
Here we are, Stuck by this river

jeffyen
Lounge Singer

#8 Post by jeffyen » Fri Jun 10, 2005 9:38 am

I just watched this, Scarlett's great! She just has that ability to bring it up a notch even though her role was not really the main thing... and the rest of the cast is wonderful too...

7.1 stars on IMDB, and 83% at rotten tomatoes...just about right!

LITobsession
Park Hyatt Regular

#9 Post by LITobsession » Mon Jul 11, 2005 3:03 am

yeah she's plays a younger character much like she did in ghost world.

in LIT she seemed like such an incredibly jaded "old-soul" adult.

however, nothing can be worse than her appereance in The Island. not a bad performance, but a flat and uninteresting character - much like the rest of this lastest bit of hollywood excrement.
I'm still lost...