Adaptation (SPike Jonze)

Discuss what movies Bill, Scarlett, and Sofia, the producers or musicians are working on or in now as well as film influences for LIT etc.

Moderator: Bob

Ben-B
Japanese Surfer

Adaptation (SPike Jonze)

Postby Ben-B » Sun Mar 02, 2008 3:44 pm

Saw Spike Jonze's Adaptation on w/end. It was great!
Did anyone else notice the 'Alison' song in one of the soppy scenes. That song plays on the LIT Lost on Location feature where Bob is dancing for Spike and Sophia in the Hotel Room. Perhaps that song means something more to the director of this film I just watched. Hmmm?

Ben-B
Japanese Surfer

Postby Ben-B » Thu May 14, 2009 9:51 pm

bump>> Okay saw it again and noticed that there are shos of a Park Hyatt hotel in the film. I think they do shot some scenes in the building too. Some other things I noticed was the fragility of Amelia is perhaps somewhat like Spike would have seen Sofia. And then theres that awkward moment in the elevator where Charlie sees Susan and he chokes up. Kinda like Bill in LIT huh? And of course theres the song Alison played at the party where Amelia brings her new bf along.

Looks like there's always room for sentimental directors to make their own personal albeit 'hidden' references. He-he.

Return to “Related Films”