Insomniac Episode: "Sloshed In Translation"

Are you awake?! Can't sleep?! Remember, for relaxing times, make it Suntory time at the New York Bar with stunning Tokyo views!

Moderator: Bob

redleader74
LIT Super Fan

Insomniac Episode: "Sloshed In Translation"

#1 Post by redleader74 » Wed Feb 09, 2022 2:32 pm

こんにちは みんな様! 

I've previously shared somewhere within these forums what a fan I am of an old early 2000's show called "Insomniac with Dave Attel" hosted by comedian Dave Attell (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Insomniac ... ave_Attell). Each episode features him visiting a different city at night and exploring all the different late night hot spots, bars, and oddities. A few of the episodes were one-hour international specials including, you guessed it, TOKYO. The episode was called "Sloshed In Translation". For years I've been trying to find this episode (among others) as many were never published on DVD. Recently someone finally posted it on YouTube. I never had a chance to watch it when it originally aired so this was a huge find! Anyway, the original air date of the episode is 08-08-2004, so about a year after LiT was released in theaters here in the U.S. and about two years after LiT was shot. Here's the Youtube link: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u2keASOY3GU

I feel like there's definitely an LiT connection, given, they were filmed within a couple of years of each other and both in Tokyo. Plus, love the play on words reference to the LiT name! Hope you enjoy!
私は ”ロスト・イン・トランスレーション” です。

Bob_san
Site Admin

Re: Insomniac Episode: "Sloshed In Translation"

#2 Post by Bob_san » Wed Nov 09, 2022 4:24 am

I watched it!
It looks like they finally took it down but maybe someone else will post it again at some point.
Thanks for letting us know about it!

redleader74
LIT Super Fan

Re: Insomniac Episode: "Sloshed In Translation"

#3 Post by redleader74 » Wed Nov 09, 2022 1:48 pm

Yeah, I just checked recently and it has been taking down along with all the other Insomniac episodes that that user put up. I actually downloaded it to my laptop as soon as I saw it go up months ago. Now, if I can only find some other (non-youtube) platform to upload it for you all....

But boy do I love the early 2000's!
私は ”ロスト・イン・トランスレーション” です。