Found in Translation - my joy in Boston

Are you awake?! Can't sleep?! Remember, for relaxing times, make it Suntory time at the New York Bar with stunning Tokyo views!

Moderator: Bob

mdl
Tourist

Found in Translation - my joy in Boston

#1 Post by mdl » Mon Oct 22, 2012 6:15 am

Hello,

this is my first post here. I am Diana from Hungary, and Lost in Translation is one of the dearest films to me. At the time of its release, I saw it 6 times in the cinema, countless times on dvd since.

I've always wished I would be Charlotte to a Bob someday. But I've always considered it impossible and haven't really given any thought to it.

Well, the best things come as a surprise! I have had an online friend since the summer of 2007, whom I finally met in person in September 2012. We spent 10 days together in and around Boston, had lots of fun, a pinch of drama, but on the whole a very lovely and rich experience.

He is a wonderful person and has a very special place in my heart.

What makes all of this relevant on this forum is that at the airport before my flight home, he suddenly said the following.

"If your friends back home ask you what you were doing with this stranger on the other side of the globe, just tell them to watch Lost in Translation."

A beautiful case of the perfect thing said at the perfect moment.

There is a smaller age gap and a different kind of obstacle between us than in the film (not marital status but religious tradition), plus I have no idea and am too shy to ask how he feels about me, and I don't even think this should be asked. What I know for sure is that I have his friendship and he has mine, and this in itself is already a beautiful gift from life. I have a previously unknown feeling of calmness, like having arrived home.

Greetings,
Diana

jeffyen
Lounge Singer

#2 Post by jeffyen » Sat Oct 27, 2012 6:59 am

What a lovely story! :)

Bob_san
Site Admin

#3 Post by Bob_san » Sun Nov 18, 2012 3:29 am

mdl - that's an awesome story thanks and welcome to the forum! I wonder if this person is on this forum already?! Or has read it....

mdl
Tourist

#4 Post by mdl » Sun Nov 18, 2012 4:04 am

thank you for the warm welcome Bob_san! i don't think he is a member, and the Lounge is only available to logged-in members, so he couldn't have read it. but he knows :))

there is a plan to visit Tokyo together one day and attend the 36-hour LIT tour :) he called my attention to it the other day :)