Pretty Good, not quite LiT tho...

Are you awake?! Can't sleep?! Remember, for relaxing times, make it Suntory time at the New York Bar with stunning Tokyo views!

Moderator: Bob

CHris!
Evelyn Waugh

Pretty Good, not quite LiT tho...

#1 Post by CHris! » Sun Nov 28, 2004 8:21 am

In the search for films that come close to LiT, I have come across Garden State, I think its already been out in the US for a while, so some of you may of seen it.

Although it doesnt have mind blowing scenery and excellent photographical effects, I feel the story behind Garden State is excellent, and its marvelousy directed considering its Zach Braff's first film. The leading female is natalie portman, who I consider to be in the same bracket as scarlett.

You lot should check it out, I didnt get the total LiT experience, but it was close enough, considering most of the films nowadays dont even come close. Also the film, like LiT has a top class soundtrack.

what y'all think of it?
theres nothing more than this

hull_street
WooHoo Guy

#2 Post by hull_street » Sun Nov 28, 2004 1:16 pm

I haven't seen the film yet, but I do have the soundtrack, which I like very much.

If the atmosphere of the film matches the soundtrack at all, I expect I'll like it a lot.

jml2
WooHoo Guy

#3 Post by jml2 » Mon Nov 29, 2004 2:31 am

I enjoyed it quite a bit, it's very sweet. I agree it's not as powerful as LIT though.

greg45
Lost In Jet Lag

#4 Post by greg45 » Mon Jan 03, 2005 1:10 am

I agree with jml2, it was not nearly as poignant as LiT. Garden State's ending has nothing on LiT's.

CherryBlossom
Tourist

#5 Post by CherryBlossom » Sun Jan 09, 2005 7:55 pm

Amazing soundtrack... movie from focus films comes in third for me...

1. LIT
2. Eternal Sunshine of...
3. Garden State

The Shoegazer
Japanese Surfer

#6 Post by The Shoegazer » Thu Jan 20, 2005 11:47 pm

I've seen Garden State and its preety cool but right, not nearly as influential on some people like LiT. Geat movie anyway but you have to admit that the ending was a bit too predictable, but its the director's debut and I am sure he will make better films.
Here we are, Stuck by this river