Arcade game

Are you awake?! Can't sleep?! Remember, for relaxing times, make it Suntory time at the New York Bar with stunning Tokyo views!

Moderator: Bob

jml98
Asleep

Arcade game

#1 Post by jml98 » Sun Jan 02, 2005 4:53 am

remember in the movie, when Charlotte is walking around the Japanese arcade, and she sees that happy japanese kid in white, dancing and hitting those buttons to that music game? Well, if you thought that guy was good, check out this video (link below)...I think its the same game or very similar at least...anyways, i know its off topic, but some people might get a kick out of it...happy watching!

http://www.media.ebaumsworld.com/index. ... arcade.wmv

Just Like Honey...
Suntory Time

#2 Post by Just Like Honey... » Sun Jan 02, 2005 12:57 pm

I've seen that before, and it's totally amazing! I even freaked out when I first saw it on LiT.. can't believe I never thought of posting it.

Good Job! :D
I'd rather be a gear in a big, deterministic, physical machine than just some random swerving.

jml98
Asleep

#3 Post by jml98 » Sun Jan 02, 2005 3:59 pm

thanks! haha that ebaumsworld site is one of my favorites..its great!

greg45
Lost In Jet Lag

#4 Post by greg45 » Mon Jan 03, 2005 1:15 am

That is absolutley amazing. I wonder how much money hes spent on that machine...

hull_street
WooHoo Guy

#5 Post by hull_street » Mon Jan 03, 2005 8:24 am

That clip was INSANE!!! And to think I had a hard time mastering Pac-Man! :P

jml98
Asleep

#6 Post by jml98 » Mon Jan 03, 2005 8:00 pm

Just more info on that game: It's called Pop'n Music, and in Japan, those kind of music games are very popular. You can actually buy it, but it's quite expensive and you need Japanese PS2...That guitar game is called GuitarFreaks...You can buy that game too, but it has the same requirements as Pop'n Music (you have to buy one of those game guitars too).. I've actually played it before :D

They also have strange games like a virtual sushi chef game. You use the game's knife and make sushi. :D

Just Like Honey...
Suntory Time

#7 Post by Just Like Honey... » Tue Jan 04, 2005 1:11 am

i played a japanese virtual chef game on an old imported PSONE before and i can tell you that it was very authentic, just like the games in LiT 8)

Also, gotta love that Taiko Drum Master (i wrote a thread on it a while ago) that's now available in the U.S. and Canada! Did anyone get a chance to check it out yet?
I'd rather be a gear in a big, deterministic, physical machine than just some random swerving.

jml98
Asleep

#8 Post by jml98 » Tue Jan 04, 2005 9:33 pm

i actually saw the Taiko Drum Game at a local import store, i tried it out but there was a line, so i played for like 5 minutes...its pretty cool actually haha

i don't think you've played one like the one i saw...there was a actual plastic knife that you can use haha (my brother went to Japan and took a picture; i haven't played it but i've seen it)

Azshi
Evelyn Waugh

#9 Post by Azshi » Tue Apr 05, 2005 11:20 pm

I bought the US version of Taiko Drum Master. I bought it mostly to support future releases of creative games stateside and sadly, that remains to be my biggest reason. The songs were definitely aimed at a young (YOUNG) audience and the menu select voice-over was painful. Only 2-3 songs were from the original series, but Konami also included the theme song to Katamari Damacy (another unique Japanese game)

On the plus side, the ingame graphics stayed intact and the box art was great!

(here's hoping my $60 sacrifice helps us score a U.S. release closer to the original)

Sausilito
Tokyo Insomniac

#10 Post by Sausilito » Thu Aug 04, 2005 3:56 am

:shock: :shock: :shock: :shock:
Call me if you get lost