Dumb Question

Are you awake?! Can't sleep?! Remember, for relaxing times, make it Suntory time at the New York Bar with stunning Tokyo views!

Moderator: Bob

Just Like Honey...
Suntory Time

Dumb Question

#1 Post by Just Like Honey... » Fri Mar 04, 2005 11:50 am

This may or may not be a dumb question but..
Now that we have the Coffee Break section (Go, Bob! :) ), what exactly should we post in the Lounge as opposed to another forum??

:P
I'd rather be a gear in a big, deterministic, physical machine than just some random swerving.

#2 Post by Guest » Fri Mar 04, 2005 1:52 pm

There are no dumb questions, only silly ones! :P

I asked myself that same question.
That is, if there is a Lounge area, why wouldn't people use it to talk about what WhoFeelsLove suggested for a new topic area? You seconded the idea right?!

Then it occured to me that the forum is almost a year old and why not mix things up a bit?

I put clues as to what each one could be used for however the two forums are really up to you, the members, to define and characterize.

You figure in the Tokyo Park Hyatt there is the lounge which is for Suntory time and Sausalito in the evenings and then they also have restaurants and cafe's for other times of the day and when it's not Suntory time. So ask yourself the question, is it Suntory time or not?! :shock: 8) :o :D

There is also the new fanfic area so take advantage of that too!

WhoFeelsLove
Lounge Singer

#3 Post by WhoFeelsLove » Fri Mar 04, 2005 9:38 pm

I was thinking that too.

The idea for a new forum that I had was more of like.. a place where members could post more personal things going on in their every day lives that they might want advice on or see who relates to it.

i figured the lounge was meant more for like pop culture esque stuff.

:?: :?:
Last edited by WhoFeelsLove on Sat Mar 05, 2005 10:50 am, edited 1 time in total.
mike

Just Like Honey...
Suntory Time

#4 Post by Just Like Honey... » Sat Mar 05, 2005 12:43 am

touche :wink:
I'd rather be a gear in a big, deterministic, physical machine than just some random swerving.

Ever So Lost
Lost In Jet Lag

#5 Post by Ever So Lost » Wed Mar 23, 2005 10:39 pm

Well, now that I think about it, the lounge seems more of a leave-your-life-at-the-entrance-and-talk-only-as-the-closest-of-strangers-can kind of place.

The Coffee Break section seems more of a temporal kind of section, where you ask advice on college, how to make a good omellette, where to find the best comforters kind of thing (I really have no idea where I came up with those strange examples).

That's my take on it anyways.

The Shoegazer
Japanese Surfer

#6 Post by The Shoegazer » Wed Mar 23, 2005 11:49 pm

I have another dumb question and its so dumb I dont want to start a new thread about it... Does anyone know the song that plays on Bob's cell phone when someone calls him? It would be so cool to have it on my cell phone so I would think of LiT every time someone called me :D
I heard it before somewhere else but whats it called...
Here we are, Stuck by this river

Just Like Honey...
Suntory Time

#7 Post by Just Like Honey... » Thu Mar 24, 2005 7:25 pm

I was going to ask the very same thing :!:

Someone I used to work with had that ringer on her phone, but I forgot to ask her where she got it.

jml2
WooHoo Guy

#8 Post by jml2 » Thu Mar 24, 2005 7:40 pm

I've seen the answer on the IMDB board several times. I don't remember what it is though

RyanZ
Tokyo Insomniac

#9 Post by RyanZ » Thu Mar 24, 2005 9:47 pm

The ring tone on Bob's cell phone is Chopin's "Fantaisie Impromptu" in C sharp minor, Opus 66.

From the IDMB site.

The Shoegazer
Japanese Surfer

#10 Post by The Shoegazer » Thu Mar 24, 2005 11:15 pm

Just Like Honey... wrote:I was going to ask the very same thing :!:

Someone I used to work with had that ringer on her phone, but I forgot to ask her where she got it.

lol... I'll try to get it. I didn't know it was Chopin's or even a classical piece. Someone had it in a supermarket the other day and I instantly thought of Bob in that bathtub or walking to that sushi place on that crowded street.It should have been on the soundtrack!! :D
Here we are, Stuck by this river