Changing my life...

Are you awake?! Can't sleep?! Remember, for relaxing times, make it Suntory time at the New York Bar with stunning Tokyo views!

Moderator: Bob

RyanZ
Tokyo Insomniac

Changing my life...

#1 Post by RyanZ » Thu Apr 07, 2005 7:44 pm

...recently I've been thinking of joining the Coast Guard. I think its mainly because I want change in my life. I am only 20 going to community college and kinda between jobs, but school isn't going the way I thought it would be and well Ive gone through many jobs. This will be a life altering decision for me and a hard one. Should I leave my family, and school and persue a new life or keep trying what I'm doing.

I know thats it all comes down to what I want to do but if anyone has joined the military or completly changed their life style, I need some opinions and/or advice. Thanks.

jml98
Asleep

#2 Post by jml98 » Thu Apr 07, 2005 10:16 pm

isn't one of the members in the military? i think it was samwright...isn't he in Iraq right now? he'd probably be a good person to ask about how the military is

i don't think any advice i'd give would be valuable...i don't think i'm old enough, i haven't really experienced enough of life, but good luck in whatever you choose...

jm
Inactive/Deleted user

Re: Changing my life…

#3 Post by jm » Thu Apr 07, 2005 11:28 pm

I think you should persue a new life of [u:85d5835d2b]your own[/u:85d5835d2b]. You mention persuing [u:85d5835d2b]a[/u:85d5835d2b] new life, and offer no reason to join the Coast Guard other than that it's something different.
Last edited by jm on Sat Feb 17, 2007 2:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.

RyanZ
Tokyo Insomniac

#4 Post by RyanZ » Fri Apr 08, 2005 3:41 pm

Well, the main reason for joining would be to get away from all the crap that I have been going through this past year mainly family problems. Also that there are many opportunities in the Coast Guard, and I love swimming. I dont know maybe I'm just in a very confusing time of my life and nothing is going the way I thought it would be right now.

WhoFeelsLove
Lounge Singer

#5 Post by WhoFeelsLove » Sat Apr 09, 2005 8:49 pm

I don't know how much help we'll be able to give you, as it ultimately is your decision.

Just be careful you are not rushing into something just because it seems like a fix to your current problems! It could be great and you could love it, or you could be dispointed and hate it.

Every time I have a new idea and persue it I think it's amazing for a short time and then slowly start to think differently. The temporary change makes it feel great, but maybe it won't be satisfying in the end.

Does that make sense?
mike