Your favorite bands.

Are you awake?! Can't sleep?! Remember, for relaxing times, make it Suntory time at the New York Bar with stunning Tokyo views!

Moderator: Bob

silvermoon
Suntory Time

#41 Post by silvermoon » Mon Oct 17, 2005 7:19 am

off the top of my head....led zeppelin. i have a terrible memory....

oh, and in the right mood, radiohead is practically unbeatable

jml98
Asleep

#42 Post by jml98 » Thu Jan 19, 2006 12:19 am

i beg you to find the Talk Talk album "Laughing Stock" and listen to it. All 6 tracks are good; "New Grass" is the perfect "reflection" song...put it on and think.

i listen to all those bands people mentioned before and they're good and all, but does anyone else listen to jazz? a little Miles, perhaps?

A moment of silence
Suntory Time

#43 Post by A moment of silence » Thu Jan 19, 2006 10:18 pm

Oh, and I watched a movie called "Velvet Goldmine" and the whole album is incredible!! Recommend with a siren! * firefighters' truck siren*
The music is glam rock from the 70's (duh)...
There are so many kids of music I adore, Ic annot even begin to add to that list up there...I love everything that sounds good in my eardrums
Nothing is more beautiful than something that will not last

Just Like Honey...
Suntory Time

#44 Post by Just Like Honey... » Mon Jan 30, 2006 12:11 pm

ForRelaxingTimes wrote: I love electronica/techno

DJ Baby Anne
DJ Tiesto
Chemical Brothers
Fat Boy Slim

A few of my favorite soundtracks include...

Lost In Translation (that's a given)
Final Fantasy 7&8
Gangs of New York
Baldur's Gate I&II
Warcraft III
Mortal Kombat(movie soundtrack)
The Last Samurai

A few miscellaneous are...

Tomko Lamb (dulcimer)
Death in Vegas
Chopin
Mozart
Beethoven
Al Di'Meola
Yngwie Malmsteen
Tony Macalpine
That stuff sounds familar :) Most every friend of mine would get along great with you I can tell. Yngwie is amazing... - ever listen to any Vai or Satriani?

adrien950 wrote:As I have posted in another location..my Holy Trinity of Music is:
Pink Floyd
The Beatles
Portishead
Kudos to the Floyd.. I have a few friends that swear by Portishead but I find them a little creepy.. not in the good way either. Here's your chance to charisma me into giving them another chance.

By the way, does anyone like Stratovarius, Nightwish, Blind Guardian, stuff like that? Most of my friends listen to that stuff and it's really starting to grow on me.
I'd rather be a gear in a big, deterministic, physical machine than just some random swerving.

Draconian
Traveler

#45 Post by Draconian » Sun Mar 12, 2006 1:17 am

The Cure
My Dying Bride
Anathema
Mourning Beloveth
Taake
Darkthone
Ragnarok
Bathory
Swallow The Sun
Windir
Carpathian Forest

All time Favourite is Enya, though shes not a band

Picknick
Stocking Lipper

#46 Post by Picknick » Thu Mar 16, 2006 9:05 am

Feeder
Metallica
Velvet Revolver
Franz Ferdinand
Rolling Stones
Kiss
Nickelback
Nobuo Uematsu
Mozart
Movie soundtracks
Game soundtracks
No one can grow in the shade

Barmydreams
Sleepless in Tokyo

#47 Post by Barmydreams » Mon Mar 20, 2006 3:34 pm

Mines a pretty much of a mixed bag, in no particular order:

U2
Al Green
Robbie Williams
UB40
Madonna
Scissor Sisters
Movie soundtracks: favourites are LiT of course, American Beauty, all the Tarantino films; he's one cool guy! :D
Queen
Bob Marley
Coldplay

mothling
LIT Super Fan

#48 Post by mothling » Tue May 09, 2006 2:10 pm

Bikini Kill
The Sex Pistols
Dead Or Alive
Juliette and the Licks
Marilyn Manson
My Bloody Valentine
Natalie Imbruglia
Nirvana
Peaches
Placebo
Portishead
Siouxsie and the Banshees
The Prodigy

I also have a huge amount of shameful favourites but I shan't reveal those :P
i know that diamonds mean money for this art, but that's not the shape of my heart.

Nak Nak
Awake

#49 Post by Nak Nak » Sun May 21, 2006 4:18 pm

ac/dc, air, alec empire, alice in chains, an pierle, atari teenage riot, bauhaus, blondie, broadcast, chemical brothers, chuck berry, david bowie, dj shadow, duran duran, echobelly, electrelane, faith no more, fischerspooner, flaming lips, foo fighters, fu manchu, grandmaster flash, ice cube, jethro tull, jimi hendrix, judas priest, jurassic 5, kinesis, kmfdm, kraftwerk, ladytron, led zeppelin, machines of loving grace, manic street preachers, mc yoda, mercury rev, method man, mudhoney, neutral milk hotel, nwa, out hud, paul oakenfold, pearl jam, pink floyd, presidents of the usa, queen, radiohead, raekwon, rage against the machine, rasputina, ratatat, rem, rilo kiley, royksopp, scarling, sonic youth, soundgarden, the beatles, the byrds, the cardigans, the cult, the doors, the kinks, the pixies, the smashing pumpkins, the sugar hill gang, the toadies, therapy?, tool, tori amos, tracy chapman, weezer (only blue album),yo la tengo.

Metric, Tegan and Sara, T.I., Stereolab, Juana Mollina, Keren Ann, Soylent Gringo, Simon and Garfunkel, Shout Out Louds, Sarah Harmer, Roy harper, Rogue Wave, Rodrigo Y Gabriella, Regina Spektor, Petra Haden, Pete Rock, Peran van Dijk, Christian Klein, Joanna Newsom, the Decemberists, Komeda, Komatrohn, Kissogram, Kate Bush, John ottman, Jens Lekman, Hong Kong Counterfeit, Greenskeepers, Heikki, Goldfrapp, Ghost Face Killah, Fruit Bats, Freezepop, Fleetwood Mac, Fastball, Electrocute, Eisley, Echo and the Bunnymen, DJ Dangermouse, Mystik Journeymen, dEUS, Cut Copy, Cyndi Lauper, Constantines, the Sounds, Console, Chordettes, Chicks on Speed, Calexico, Broken Social Scene, Boy Robot, Blur, Bela Fleck, Bad Religion, Azure RaViy, Autolux, ...And you will know us by the trail of dead, Belle and Sebastian, the Divine Comedy, the Gathering, the Knife, Mamas and Papas, Ink Spots, Young and Sexy, Tom Petty, Ween, vive La fete, Philip Glass, Minuit, Tapes n Tapes, Advantage, Amon Tobin, Au Pairs, Billy idol, the Byrds, Call and Response, Matson Jones, DJ food, Elf Power, Frente, Grandaddy, Gypsy Kings, Harpsong, It's a Beautiful Day, Jorane, K-os, Kool and the Gang, Laura Veirs, Loreena Mckennit, M83, Mazarin, Mew, Magneta Lane, Marvin Gaye, Plej, Paul Weller, the Jam, the Clash, Quannum, Scala, Smokey Robinson, the jesus and mary chain, the proclaimers, the undertones, the stranglers, therion, Marianne Faithful, Louis Armstrong, Metallica, Sibylle Baier, Big Star, Spear of Destiny, Public Enemy...

I'm sure I'm missing out quite a few here. Oh well.

eta:
Darkest of the Hillside Thickets, Kid Loco, Catatonia, Be Good Tanyas, Autechre, Archie Bell and the Drells, All About Eve, Cocteau Twins, Ali Farka Toure, Hird, Inara George, Invisible Scratch Pickles, Kings of Convenience, Mountains, Neko Case, Nightmares on Wax, Polaris, Satellite Grooves, Sneaker Pimps,

Eta, classical:
J.S. Bach, Prokofiev, Schubert, Handel, Erik Satie, Faure, Allegri, Grieg, Vivaldi, Wagner, Mozart, michael nyman, tchaikovsky, yann tierssen, philip glass, Hadyn, telemann, buzoni.
----------------
It's a godawful small affair
To the girl with the mousy hair