My Grandpa Story

Are you awake?! Can't sleep?! Remember, for relaxing times, make it Suntory time at the New York Bar with stunning Tokyo views!

Moderator: Bob

52FM
Inactive/Deleted user

#41 Post by 52FM » Sat Aug 19, 2006 7:23 pm

Congratlations, Ith! That is GREAT news! I'm sure you are VERY relieved to have this behind you.

Any plans for a getaway with your husband to mark this milestone? You deserve one!
"Willoughby. Next stop is Willoughby."

52FM
Inactive/Deleted user

#42 Post by 52FM » Sat Aug 19, 2006 7:26 pm

Congratlations, Ith! That is GREAT news! I'm sure you are VERY relieved to have this behind you.

Any plans for a getaway with your husband to mark this milestone? You deserve one!

I65
Inactive/Deleted user

#43 Post by I65 » Sun Aug 20, 2006 1:07 am

52FM wrote:Congratlations, Ith! That is GREAT news! I'm sure you are VERY relieved to have this behind you.

No, but i met with the Father of our friends church. They are sending 12 teenagers to Mexico next summer to build a home for a family there. They are fundraising. They only need $6000 total. I gave them $1000.00 tonight, and told them to let me know how much they need to complete their fundraising. I'll send them on a trip instead. :wink:

I65
Inactive/Deleted user

#44 Post by I65 » Wed Aug 23, 2006 1:32 pm

52FM wrote:Congratlations, Ith! That is GREAT news! I'm sure you are VERY relieved to have this behind you.

I just booked Christmas in Mexico!

http://www.palaceresorts.com/Resorts/Av ... /Index.asp

Check it out. :D 8)

52FM
Inactive/Deleted user

#45 Post by 52FM » Wed Aug 23, 2006 1:49 pm

Now it's MY turn to say those are very happy words for me to read!

Fantastic! The place looks beautiful, and I think it was wise to pick a place without kids. While I've enjoyed every vacation we've had with our children - the fact is it's a very different atmosphere in a family freindly place. So if you're looking to really get away from it all - and spending a lot of money to do it - and not used to the normal experiences of young children at a resort - it's best to go that route.

Ith -
I don't know what made you change your mind (though I have a few guesses) but I'm very happy to hear you decided to book this! I wish you and your husband a fantastic vacation!
:D

I65
Inactive/Deleted user

#46 Post by I65 » Wed Aug 23, 2006 2:10 pm

52FM wrote:Now it's MY turn to say those are very happy words for me to read!

Fantastic! The place looks beautiful, and I think it was wise to pick a place without kids. While I've enjoyed every vacation we've had with our children - the fact is it's a very different atmosphere in a family freindly place. So if you're looking to really get away from it all - and spending a lot of money to do it - and not used to the normal experiences of young children at a resort - it's best to go that route.

Ith -
I don't know what made you change your mind (though I have a few guesses) but I'm very happy to hear you decided to book this! I wish you and your husband a fantastic vacation!
:D
Oh, we've been planning this trip since December '04, so I just never considered it a trip to mark the milestone of the estate closure.

Many of my friends and family still don't think I am "treating" myself enough. We are able to splurge more on the Mexico trip than we would have, and I'm going to paint the house and do a complete bathroom remodel. Some people still seem to think I need to do more for myself, but I think that is enough. :wink: