I've been away for a few days...

Are you awake?! Can't sleep?! Remember, for relaxing times, make it Suntory time at the New York Bar with stunning Tokyo views!

Moderator: Bob

52FM
Inactive/Deleted user

I've been away for a few days...

#1 Post by 52FM » Mon Aug 22, 2005 9:25 am

and I have a lot of catching up to do at work, and I see on the board as well. It may take a while, and I'll be away again this weekend to take my daughter to college (her first year.)

We spent a long weekend getting my son ready to move into his aprtment, then moving, then setting up, then spending more money for things he needed for the aprtment, then setting all that up, etc. You know, it's good to be college age - 4 guys in an apartment, all "on the prowl" as they put it. You get a town full of college age kids and the atmosphere is really diffeent. Not that I'd want to turn back the clock... well, maybe for a few weeks.

It was tough to find a place for my wife and I to sit and have a few drinks and talk - several places we walked in - got a roomful of stares (like we were crashing a party) and wlaked out.

For all you heading to college now or in a year or two - I won't necessarily say they are the best years in your life, but they can be damn good ones.

silvermoon
Suntory Time

#2 Post by silvermoon » Mon Aug 22, 2005 12:30 pm

wow, i was looking forward to it before, but now i'm counting each bothersome second. just 3 weeks to go

silvermoon
Suntory Time

#3 Post by silvermoon » Sun Jan 08, 2006 10:04 am

how are your son and daughter finding college now? do you still see them much? and how are the other college guys and gals on this board finding it?

my mother insists on visiting practically every other week, and my charlotte found it amusing at first but plain disturbing now. its been 3-4 months since uni began and shes visited about 6 times. she brought lots of exotic chocolate last time, which is nice