iTunes is great

Are you awake?! Can't sleep?! Remember, for relaxing times, make it Suntory time at the New York Bar with stunning Tokyo views!

Moderator: Bob

52FM
Inactive/Deleted user

#21 Post by 52FM » Fri Sep 23, 2005 9:05 am

Actually, I don't feel that old anymore - got over turning 50 pretty easily. (60 may be another story...) There aren't too many "older" people on discussion boards (myself,Ith and Congruous on this one, as far as I know) nor on IMDB. However, I used to contribute frequently on a board devoted to Disney and the people there spanned a very wide age group.

As far as technology - I've been a computer geek since the early seventies. There were golf and football games on a teletype terminal at our college that we played when I took my first prgramming class (FORTRAN); that was about 1973. I won't bore anyone with stories of keypunch cards etc - but I did start to write a prototype football game in compiled BASIC that I never finished using statistics and probability. Fun exercise.

So I've jumped on new technology much sooner than my friends and sometimes sooner than my kids or my friends' kids. My daughter is the only one who takes after me - she is majoring in multimedia and is very talented in creating videos using her digital editing software. She's done vacation videos, memory videos of her brother (my adsent-mided professor) when he graduated HS (my wife cries everytime she sees it - the music blends in so well); she's done some music videos and won an award in a city competiion for Puttin' on the Ritz - very clever editing I woudl say. That's her goal now - one of her professors works part time as an editor for Oprah and has won three emmies. The school last year sent students to Vegas to intern with Celine Dion's show and also one worked with Elton John. So she has high hopes and as a proud Dad I'd say the talent and drive to make it happen.

(Wow - doesn't this guy ever shut up? Must be the caffine!)
Last edited by 52FM on Thu Oct 06, 2005 6:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"Willoughby. Next stop is Willoughby."

lemoncupcake
Japanese Surfer

#22 Post by lemoncupcake » Fri Sep 23, 2005 9:42 am

My dad told me that there's really no difference between 50 and turning 60 except for the fact that you've got ten more years of life experiences :)
I find myself in the opposite of you,i'm usually the youngest on all the boards i frequent ('33 and '64 world's fair sites,automatic washer sites,etc)
It sounds like your daughter has a brilliant future ahead of her :)