What are you listening to?

Are you awake?! Can't sleep?! Remember, for relaxing times, make it Suntory time at the New York Bar with stunning Tokyo views!

Moderator: Bob

52FM
Inactive/Deleted user

#21 Post by 52FM » Mon May 01, 2006 9:40 am

Haven't listened to this in a while - an obscure band called Baka Beyond.

An interesting mix of African and Celtic music. Saw them at Epcot a few years ago and really enjoyed the mini-concert they put on.
"Willoughby. Next stop is Willoughby."

You Make it Easy
Charlie Brown

#22 Post by You Make it Easy » Mon May 01, 2006 11:29 am

Favorite Things - Incubus
Waiting to be found...

Flyonthewall
WooHoo Guy

#23 Post by Flyonthewall » Tue May 02, 2006 2:32 am

The Static Age - Amphibian

Awesome music.. hard to explain but its a group that has influences from the 80's and 90's (The Cure, The Police, etc.) but puts a contemporary twist.

Heres a comment about them from AMP magazine:

"Holy Sh!t, everyone who likes anything, ranging from THE CURE to THE POLICE to COMMUNIQUE to AFI needs to get this CD. I mean it."-- AMP MAGAZINE
"...Stay here, with me...."

The Search for Charlotte continues....

preciouswhile
Mr. Kazo sent me

#24 Post by preciouswhile » Thu May 04, 2006 6:44 pm

10,000 Days - Tool

Flyonthewall
WooHoo Guy

#25 Post by Flyonthewall » Sat May 06, 2006 3:13 pm

Flyleaf - Im so sick

Hard hitting rock song. Just found out about them and this first song hooked me. lol.. I can't get over the fact the female lead sounds like a very angry Avril Levine :lol: :roll:

mothling
LIT Super Fan

#26 Post by mothling » Tue May 09, 2006 2:12 pm

Happy End - Kaze Wo Atsumete :)

Everytime I pop on this board I end up flicking over to the LiT soundtrack.
i know that diamonds mean money for this art, but that's not the shape of my heart.

Flyonthewall
WooHoo Guy

#27 Post by Flyonthewall » Tue May 09, 2006 5:38 pm

Medicine - Time Baby 3

This is the group and song playing in the first club scene in the movie The Crow.. love the song :D

here's the vid from Youtube.com

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AE6J899j-xA

mothling
LIT Super Fan

#28 Post by mothling » Wed May 10, 2006 6:57 am

Paranoid - Black Sabbath
i know that diamonds mean money for this art, but that's not the shape of my heart.

Old Member B
Charlie Brown

#29 Post by Old Member B » Mon Jun 05, 2006 4:06 pm

Last edited by Old Member B on Mon Apr 22, 2019 11:48 am, edited 1 time in total.

Just Like Honey...
Suntory Time

#30 Post by Just Like Honey... » Tue Jun 06, 2006 9:54 pm

Lately I've been religiously listening to the new Tool CD Ten Thousand Days. This release is the event of the last 5 years for me. Strongly recommended. Spinning in the player right now is Wings For Marie
I'd rather be a gear in a big, deterministic, physical machine than just some random swerving.

adrien950
Japanese Surfer

#31 Post by adrien950 » Fri Jul 07, 2006 10:51 am

ARMOR FOR SLEEP
A.F.I.
JOHNNY CASH
BLUE OCTOBER
BETH GIBBONS

check 'em out.

sw25
LIT Super Fan

#32 Post by sw25 » Thu Jul 13, 2006 10:41 pm

Right now, a little Clash.

Recently, though, I've been listening to Scott Walker's "The Drift", the Futureheads, and the new Thom Yorke "solo" album.

Oh, and Just Like Honey, if I'm not mistaken, and that sig you have really is from Waking Life, then I give you a hearty high-five!

Just Like Honey...
Suntory Time

#33 Post by Just Like Honey... » Fri Jul 14, 2006 8:33 pm

sw25 wrote:Oh, and Just Like Honey, if I'm not mistaken, and that sig you have really is from Waking Life, then I give you a hearty high-five!
Yes!! Good Call! What do you think of Waking Life?
I'd rather be a gear in a big, deterministic, physical machine than just some random swerving.

sw25
LIT Super Fan

#34 Post by sw25 » Fri Jul 14, 2006 9:21 pm

Oh, I love it. It's one of the most affirming movies I've ever seen. Even when I disagree with the philosophical content (or just plain don't understand it), it feels so overwhelmingly alive.

That said, I can understand why certain people don't like. I'm assuming you're a fan?

Just Like Honey...
Suntory Time

#35 Post by Just Like Honey... » Tue Jul 18, 2006 4:29 pm

Yep. Pretty sure it's up there with LiT

52FM
Inactive/Deleted user

#36 Post by 52FM » Tue Jul 18, 2006 5:33 pm

Well, I finally see the big deal about the shuffle option on the iPod. I put together a playlsit of about 150 songs (over 10 hours) for a party we're having this Saturday. And while I put the songs in a predetermined order (which was rather time consuming) I've been listening to the list in "shuffle" mode - which is essentailly like a radio station with no commercials that only plays the songs you like.

Now I have some complaints about the limitations of the iTunes/iPod playlist feature - I'd like it to be able to make a playlist of playlists - and then shuffle within those. For example - the first 3 hours of the party (starts at 1) I have jazz and a few new age songs for background. Then I go into a mix of 60s, and light rock, and classic rock - but I don[t want that totally random either. I'd like it to do 2 of each list, then keep cycling.

Oh well - maybe a future version of the OS will do that.
"Willoughby. Next stop is Willoughby."

I65
Inactive/Deleted user

#37 Post by I65 » Tue Jul 18, 2006 5:56 pm

52FM wrote:Well, I finally see the big deal about the shuffle option on the iPod. I put together a playlsit of about 150 songs (over 10 hours) for a party we're having this Saturday. And while I put the songs in a predetermined order (which was rather time consuming) I've been listening to the list in "shuffle" mode - which is essentailly like a radio station with no commercials that only plays the songs you like.

Now I have some complaints about the limitations of the iTunes/iPod playlist feature - I'd like it to be able to make a playlist of playlists - and then shuffle within those. For example - the first 3 hours of the party (starts at 1) I have jazz and a few new age songs for background. Then I go into a mix of 60s, and light rock, and classic rock - but I don[t want that totally random either. I'd like it to do 2 of each list, then keep cycling.

Oh well - maybe a future version of the OS will do that.
Or maybe in the future you will have the stick surgically removed from your backside and let random be random. :wink:

Statisticians... :roll: :P :lol:

Hope you got some Norah Jones in there, she has some great background, jazzy, stuff on her debut album.

I65
Inactive/Deleted user

#38 Post by I65 » Mon Jul 24, 2006 11:53 pm

What I'm listening to now

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xGr1iv1tmYU

My favorite Norah Jones song

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U5V1xl7LCEg

WhoFeelsLove
Lounge Singer

#39 Post by WhoFeelsLove » Wed Jul 26, 2006 10:14 am

the latest Broken Social Scene album..good stuff.
mike

Luke_Gdansk
Traveler

#40 Post by Luke_Gdansk » Sun Sep 03, 2006 7:42 am

Lately I've been listening most of the time to two online radio stations.

One is http://sky.fm, especially the smooth jazz channel - love the music there.

Another one is a Hungarian station named Tilos radio - located at http://www.tilos.hu. I do not understand them at all - Hungarian is a pretty strange language, even for me - but the music tends to be excellent at times, especially mornings, evenings, and Sundays - like today, they played I think two hours of folksy-sounding obscure string music non-stop. They play a lot of experimental tracks and music that is definitely not mainstream - a good listen.
accident is the principle that governs this world