Dealing with things that happened to you in the past

Are you awake?! Can't sleep?! Remember, for relaxing times, make it Suntory time at the New York Bar with stunning Tokyo views!

Moderator: Bob

Picknick
Stocking Lipper

Dealing with things that happened to you in the past

#1 Post by Picknick » Fri Jul 21, 2006 9:05 am

Hey my dear peoples,

Things happen in our lives that arent so nice, and it can leave you feeling bad , frustrated or angry.

I usualy have a clear head about whats going on with my feelings and my life, yet sometimes i feel just a little bit out of control when i think about said things.

So I was wondering how you guys deal with those kinda moments? i tend to turn to my boxingbag in those moments :)
No one can grow in the shade

You Make it Easy
Charlie Brown

#2 Post by You Make it Easy » Fri Jul 21, 2006 10:39 am

I usually smoke a joint to come me down. Its very relaxing to sit back listen to some music or watch a movie and smoke.

I'm sure there aint to many pot smokers here but those who are can relate, maybe...
Waiting to be found...

Picknick
Stocking Lipper

#3 Post by Picknick » Fri Jul 21, 2006 10:47 am

haha that's ok, nice to read :)

and yes idd music and a especialy a good film can help so much

Flyonthewall
WooHoo Guy

#4 Post by Flyonthewall » Fri Jul 21, 2006 5:55 pm

lol.. funny you should ask that..

I usually turn to my boys (3 yrs old and 7 yrs old). I know that since their mom and I split recently... I prolly spoil em as their dad but I do try to balance the discipline in there. Instead of withdrawing from them when Im pissed from work, I try to involve myself with them.. even if its just to sit down and have them with me when we watch the tube.

I also turn to working out. Running is what I gravitate to. The solitude of just putting on the headphones and disappearing in your head for 30 minutes or so.. its very serene.

And my other love.. Hockey. Ive been playing since 1993 and look forward to any ice time I get, which is kinda hard to do here in So. California.

Well.. there ya go. Sorry for the long post. Nice topic tho. :D 8)
"...Stay here, with me...."

The Search for Charlotte continues....

Congruous
Suntory Time

#5 Post by Congruous » Fri Jul 21, 2006 7:26 pm

When I feel awful, I read "Pride and Prejudice" or watch the 1995 "Pride and Prejudice" miniseries featuring Jennifer Ehle and Colin Firth. I always end up feeling better.
"Are there no more arrows left?"

Picknick
Stocking Lipper

#6 Post by Picknick » Sat Jul 22, 2006 10:32 am

cool, thx for the replies, hockey, pride and prejudice, good stuff =)

i suppose we just turn to our hobbies and passions in life

I65
Inactive/Deleted user

#7 Post by I65 » Sat Jul 22, 2006 8:23 pm

I think that is one of the differences between men and women, rather than escape through exercise, music, or a movie, I need to talk it out with someone. Usually a friend, (over a fatty of course :P ), but in extreme cases I'm not adverse to going to counseling to get a truly professional opinion. Sometimes your mates will just tell you what you want to hear, not what is necessarily right or true.

I'm not saying that a mans way of dealing with it is wrong, or a womans is, it's just that we have different chemistry, so we handle stress differently.

silvermoon
Suntory Time

#8 Post by silvermoon » Sun Jul 23, 2006 3:43 am

how apt, i have been trying to figure out the best way to deal with these things in recent months. if you see my 'my charlotte' thread, you'll see how badly i handled things at first. that continued for quite a while, and you could say i dealt with it via aggressive daydreams. but then i realised that the past is gone, and people can change, mistakes can be made, and it is about remembering but not living the past. now it has become easier to deal with, and just listening to music or watching a movie is enuff to put my mind at ease. two songs in particular help me; 'muse - plug in baby', and 'do as infinity- rakuen'. but at the same time, i like to talk it out with people as well, usually over beer.

kite
LIT Super Fan

#9 Post by kite » Mon Jul 24, 2006 1:59 am

I usually go outside in the middle of the night with my headphones, and go for a walk. Sometimes I just start dancing alone in the middle of the street while listening to the LIT sountrack, it's very relaxing, I look up into the sky, see up into the dark night, the stars, and get a tiny feeling that I actually belong in this world. (NOTE: This is extremely dangerous! Do this only sunday nights when there's almost no traffic on the street)

Picknick
Stocking Lipper

#10 Post by Picknick » Wed Jul 26, 2006 5:30 pm

just last week i was feeling a tad blue, i couldnt sleep and decided to go downstair and watch a movie. I watched "Chocolat", had some wine and dark chocolate to go with that and i ended up just having the best time all by myself, smiling, hehe