I am at Park Hyatt now!! any questions while I am here?

Are you awake?! Can't sleep?! Remember, for relaxing times, make it Suntory time at the New York Bar with stunning Tokyo views!

Moderator: Bob

LipYourStocking
Awake

I am at Park Hyatt now!! any questions while I am here?

#1 Post by LipYourStocking » Mon Aug 28, 2006 12:18 am

I just checked in. Arrived at the same driveway where bob was dropped off, but during the day.

The guy even stopped the taxi with a wave of the white golve! Just like in LIT. This place is amazing as are the views from my room.

I am so pumped to be here I dont know what to write.

Unfortunately the new york bar is closed for renovations! :(

Anyway.. fireaway with any questions.

Now... I am going for a swim!
Last edited by LipYourStocking on Mon Aug 28, 2006 6:30 am, edited 1 time in total.

I65
Inactive/Deleted user

#2 Post by I65 » Mon Aug 28, 2006 3:15 am

How exciting. Have a wonderful time!

Pitman
Suntory Time

#3 Post by Pitman » Mon Aug 28, 2006 8:05 am

Wow wow wow!! We can live through you! Too bad about the bar. How was the swimming pool? What floor is that on?

What other LiT sites will you be going to while you're there? Travelling to Kyoto too? How long r u staying? What floor r u on?

LipYourStocking
Awake

#4 Post by LipYourStocking » Mon Aug 28, 2006 10:24 am

Swimming pool is great and what a view! They are very strict with hygiene and make you wear a swimming cap.. as did bob.. so I did as well. Lucky I had the pool to myself. It is on the 45th floor. There is a cardio gym next to it, where bob had his workout and a weights gym on the other side all separeted by glass, so you could have watched bobs mishap with the machine from the pool! When I was checking out the pool earlier in the day there was water aerobics happening, but the instructor was a local.

I have 3 more days, so I may visit some more sites, I remember a list of them on this forum. Not going to Kyoto. Temples are not my thing.

I am on the 44th floor.

I found the small room that bob used to call charolettes room regarding the jacket. I used the phone to ask reception for a map of the area :)

Congruous
Suntory Time

#5 Post by Congruous » Mon Aug 28, 2006 12:47 pm

HAHAHA! Go for it, dude!
"Are there no more arrows left?"

Flyonthewall
WooHoo Guy

#6 Post by Flyonthewall » Mon Aug 28, 2006 8:11 pm

Im soo envious.. :D 8)

Hope you're taking lots of pics and post them...lol..

Have a Great time !!!! for all of us!!! hehe :wink:
"...Stay here, with me...."

The Search for Charlotte continues....

LipYourStocking
Awake

#7 Post by LipYourStocking » Mon Aug 28, 2006 9:46 pm

Here is a couple of initial pics:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/11861466@N00

Views from my window. I will add over the next day or so.

Just Like Honey...
Suntory Time

#8 Post by Just Like Honey... » Mon Aug 28, 2006 11:01 pm

You lucky stiff. Enjoy some black toe for me :)
I'd rather be a gear in a big, deterministic, physical machine than just some random swerving.

LipYourStocking
Awake

Observations and inconsistencies

#9 Post by LipYourStocking » Mon Aug 28, 2006 11:27 pm

1) The shower heads are the exact same style as on the movie, yet they raise high enough for a person 7 feet tall.

2) TV Asahi, that shows "Matthew’s Best Hit TV" is not available on the in-room entertainment system.

3) There are no scissors provided in the bathroom, so what did bob hand charlotte to cut off the tag?

4) LIT is not available on the in-house movies

5) One of the staff that welcomed bob on his arrival, the one that just stopped and bowed, actually works here. I will try and get a photo.

More to come hopefully.

Picknick
Stocking Lipper

#10 Post by Picknick » Tue Aug 29, 2006 7:06 am

woah, that's so cool! i think we're all very jealous.. :)
No one can grow in the shade

Pitman
Suntory Time

#11 Post by Pitman » Tue Aug 29, 2006 7:47 am

So so cool. Now, where is Charlotte??

Ok, I have a question...there was some debate about this before...

Where is the lobby, where you check into the hotel? People are telling me it's not on the ground floor...

Are you gonna find that arcade Charlotte was in?

LipYourStocking
Awake

#12 Post by LipYourStocking » Tue Aug 29, 2006 9:35 am

No new york bar, so no opportunity ;)

When you enter the ground floor, there is a (very) gourmet cake shop along with some nice sculptures and other art. You are warmly welcomed by 4 different staff on the way to the elevators.

You then make your way to the 41st floor which is the lobby. I suppose floors 2-40 are offices etc.

When you get out of the elevator directly ahead is an expansive bar area with very high ceilings and a 180 degree view to the west. This is where bob and charlotte had sneak past to avoid Kelly singing karaoke (she was not singing in the new york bar!). They escape Kelly by walking past the elevators and heading down the corridor. The area in front of the elevators is where bob met the suntory group on the last day and where he was approached by the tall blonde fan.

Down the corridor, on the left is that side room with the telephone ("enjoy my jacket.. which you stole from me") and the main restaurant. Continue further down there is more art and the library bookshelves on each side (check out the park hyatt website). After the library there are the concierge desks and the elevators to the other floors 42-50-something.

Some more pics attached to the flikr site, including a pic of the corridor outside my room.

I65
Inactive/Deleted user

#13 Post by I65 » Tue Aug 29, 2006 9:36 pm

I'm still only seeing 2 pics on your flickr link. :oops:

LipYourStocking
Awake

#14 Post by LipYourStocking » Wed Aug 30, 2006 12:48 pm

whoops.. look now.. have added 5 or 6

I65
Inactive/Deleted user

#15 Post by I65 » Thu Aug 31, 2006 1:25 am

Fabulous. You must be having the time of your life. That room looks crazy luxurious.

Pitman
Suntory Time

Jealous.

#16 Post by Pitman » Thu Aug 31, 2006 9:29 am

Ya..i'm so jealous!! Nice pics...thanks for posting...post more if you can. Take any of Shibuya? Did you find that Sushi place where Bob and Charlotte had the worst lunch ever?

LipYourStocking
Awake

#17 Post by LipYourStocking » Thu Aug 31, 2006 9:51 pm

I have left the Park Hyatt already. My stay was amazing. I love Tokyo and LIT even more than before.

I visited Shibuya, but didn’t take any pics. There is no need because it is a well documented place. I will be going to harajuku before flying out tonight so I will see what I can do :)

The worst lunch ever wasn’t in a sushi place; it was in a shabu shabu restaurant and has been covered by other threads. There are literally thousands of these places, so I didn’t look for them. I just stuck to the unique, easy to find LIT sites.

Pitman
Suntory Time

#18 Post by Pitman » Fri Sep 01, 2006 7:59 am

Ah yes, I stand corrected.

What an awesome trip. Makes me so want to go. How was it interacting with the locals? Did you learn any survival Japanese, or were you able to get by all on English?

LipYourStocking
Awake

#19 Post by LipYourStocking » Sat Sep 02, 2006 4:00 am

I have been to japan about 5 times. Once for a month of working. I get by with only knowing origato!

Tokyo is seriously easy to navigate. Many people know basic english and sign language normally works ok. Just be patient and friendly.. I know they are :)

Service in all forms from waiters to check-out operators is of very high standard and a tip is not expected and would be awkward to give. They like to be correct in everything to the nearest yen. So you have to wait the extra 30 seconds for 1 yen change, and if you walk out they will chase you and apologise!

Food and shopping is great, and I dont think too expensive. Lots, I mean thousands, of *little* out of the way restaurants and cafes.. so cool. Good coffee is everywhere. Restaurants are sometimes hard to deal with as they have japanese menus. Sometimes you can get away with pointing at the fake window food. The bottom line is dont miss out on something delicious because you are too embarassed to ask... They want you to!

Just do your homework re the train system, i.e. 2 lines (JR and Metro). Always carry a map. A bilingual street directory is also available for about $20. Buying tickets is easy and if you make a mistake you just use a fare adjustment machine.

Congruous
Suntory Time

#20 Post by Congruous » Sat Sep 02, 2006 1:37 pm

Sounds like a great time
"Are there no more arrows left?"