Rethinking

Are you awake?! Can't sleep?! Remember, for relaxing times, make it Suntory time at the New York Bar with stunning Tokyo views!

Moderator: Bob

52FM
Inactive/Deleted user

Rethinking

#1 Post by 52FM » Wed Oct 11, 2006 5:34 pm

Expressing my happiness over the progress my wife and I have made didn’t quite have the effect on me that I assumed it would. I’ve actually deleted or modified several of my posts in an effort to rewind myself.

Something unexpected came over me as the day went on. I’m pretty sure I understand it and it’s just another viewpoint or reaction to be thought through and talked through. I guess it’s just premature to celebrate anything.

Something just doesn’t feel right. I know what it is but I can’t do anything about it – and no one else can either. And posting this is actually going to make it worse – but I feel I have to in order to explain the deleted posts (if anyone even noticed.)

The progress I spoke of is REAL. It’s just that it unexpectedly emphasized the third aspect I don’t have yet – dignity.

I’m sorry for the rambling; taking up people’s time; and any concern or frustration or even anger I may have inadvertently caused. (In addition to being sorry for offending Ith on the other thread.)

tsooml
Inactive/Deleted user

#2 Post by tsooml » Wed Oct 11, 2006 10:41 pm

You'll shortly replace my old self as user with the most posts!
Last edited by tsooml on Sat Feb 17, 2007 10:31 am, edited 1 time in total.

lemoncupcake
Japanese Surfer

#3 Post by lemoncupcake » Thu Oct 12, 2006 10:58 am

I don't think it's premature. Celebrating it, and expressing it gives you a boost, and that boost of happiness gives you an extra lift towards accomplishing the things that you want to. Don't be too hard on yourself.

Bob_san
Site Admin

Re: Rethinking

#4 Post by Bob_san » Thu Oct 12, 2006 2:09 pm

52FM wrote:Expressing my happiness over the progress my wife and I have made didn’t quite have the effect on me that I assumed it would. I’ve actually deleted or modified several of my posts in an effort to rewind myself.
My suggestion would be please don't modify or delete your posts. They stand as an expression in time and revisionism doesn't really change anything.
I think if you simply append, then there is good and clear train of what's going on. For you and our readers otherwise people who read and reread will begin to be confused as well. If silvermoon did that where would we be with his whole adventure?!

lemoncupcake
Japanese Surfer

#5 Post by lemoncupcake » Thu Oct 12, 2006 2:19 pm

I agree with Bob

52FM
Inactive/Deleted user

#6 Post by 52FM » Thu Oct 12, 2006 2:52 pm

OK.
"Willoughby. Next stop is Willoughby."

Congruous
Suntory Time

#7 Post by Congruous » Fri Oct 13, 2006 12:53 pm

You haven't written anything here that you should be embarrassed about. There's nothing wrong with you if your feelings or opinions change. It happens to all of us.
"Are there no more arrows left?"