For those of us in the United States...

Are you awake?! Can't sleep?! Remember, for relaxing times, make it Suntory time at the New York Bar with stunning Tokyo views!

Moderator: Bob

52FM
Inactive/Deleted user

For those of us in the United States...

#1 Post by 52FM » Tue Nov 21, 2006 10:56 am

and everyone else for that matter...

I want to wish everyone a very Happy Thanksgiving!
"Willoughby. Next stop is Willoughby."

lemoncupcake
Japanese Surfer

#2 Post by lemoncupcake » Tue Nov 21, 2006 2:23 pm

Happy Thanksgiving!

Congruous
Suntory Time

#3 Post by Congruous » Wed Nov 22, 2006 8:32 pm

I think I'll call today the Day of the Leaf Blower. As I walked through my neighborhood late this afternoon, there were blowers going all over the place. I have to admit I blew and picked up a huge number of leaves this morning. 'Tis the season, I guess.
"Are there no more arrows left?"

I65
Inactive/Deleted user

#4 Post by I65 » Thu Nov 23, 2006 11:57 am

I hope everyone has a delightful thanksgiving,.

We will be dining in a nice restaurant with my husband's immediate family. No one has to cook, no one has to clean up, and no leftovers to worry about. :D

52FM
Inactive/Deleted user

#5 Post by 52FM » Sat Nov 25, 2006 5:25 pm

Typical T-day:
Football
Turkey
Relatives
A few hard feelings from comments made and misinterpreted
Discussion of same on the way home from Sister-in-laws
Continued in the morning as we begin to put up Christmas decorations

I love tradition!

Actually, this time it was my sister-in-law who didn't appreciate my attempt at making a tense situation light as her greenbeans were trapped inside a pot that was vacuum sealed fromt he steam. I thougt it was funny; she concluded it ruined the dinner (it didn't) and my wife stuck up for her saying I was insensitive. Well, normally the two of them get into arguements and my wife's sister makes it worse by dragging me into it expecting me to take her side (and often in honesty I do). So this time I was able to provide them with a common enemy.

So it wasn't a total loss.

We really want to go away at T-day with another coupek and leave the families out of it. We did it once but the kids were smaller and they felt like they missed something. But now that they're older, I thnk we can try it again.

Anyway, it's nice having 4 days off, even though I have a lot of decorating and college grading to do.

And tonight we're going to see the play The Pirate Queen, which is heading to Broadway after its run here in Chicago.

Hope everyone had a great day!

Congruous
Suntory Time

#6 Post by Congruous » Sat Nov 25, 2006 8:21 pm

We were going to play golf early and then go eat (no cooking for our crowd). When Thursday morning came, we were too lazy to get up, so after eating an outstanding meal at a club, we rolled over to the golf course and played maybe a dozen holes before it got dark. The weather down here was spectacular. I was able to play golf in shorts. Try not to hate me.
"Are there no more arrows left?"

52FM
Inactive/Deleted user

#7 Post by 52FM » Mon Nov 27, 2006 11:00 am

We've had unusually warm weather also; unfortunately, I had so much grading to do I didn't get around to putting up outdoor decorations. The warm weather (60s) will end on Wednesday and then it's down to the low 30s.

Golf on Thanksgiving sounds fantastic. I am trying hard not to hate you.

Bears stunk it up Sunday (well, Grossman did at least; the D was their normal overpowering self).

I see Michael Vick lost it and gave the crowd the "we're number 1" salute using his middle finger. A shame the Falcons seem to be imploding.

As for the Bears, looks like another 1 and done in the playoffs. They don't have enough consistency on offense to beat playoff caliber teams.